Episode 51

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days, I haven't been feeling great but I'm finished for college now over Christmas so I should be posting more probably when I feel a a little better. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on Demi, you can stay with us tonight okay?" Denise questions laying her hand on her thigh. Demi sighs nodding her head, in a way she wanted to be alone but in a way she knew that she needed support at the moment and she couldn't have that if she was alone in a hotel room. She just wanted Joe back. Denise helps Demi get everything together ready to leave the hospital allowing her to push the stroller, Demi didn't know whether she could cope with both Amelia and Samuel alone but she guessed they'd find out. They meet Nick who was outside setting up two car seats into their car, they get everyone in Demi climbing into the middle so she could be in between the two babies. Amelia had just woken up.

They make it to Demi's hotel room, Demi just gathering up a couple of things that she needs for the night before they set off again for the restaurant. Demi was nervous about staying with them, she hadn't known them for very long and it was strange  to think she was staying with them. She just wanted to go to bed, the only place she felt comfortable and even then she'd rather have Joe's arms wrapped around her.

"Dada." Amelia mumbles Demi sighing sitting on the floor her back against the couch playing with the young girl.

"Daddy isn't here, you'll have to make do with me." Demi replies helping Amelia stand up and to stay up by holding onto her hands. Demi couldn't believe how much she has grown in the time that she had known her but she knew that was what kids did. Amelia sits down on her bum again taking the hedgehog from the kids of Demi.

"She likes that hedgehog doesn't she." Nick acknowledges as he enters the room sitting down on the floor next to her. Demi smiles a little bit looking at the one year old who looked so much like her father and thankfully not her mother who walked out on her when she was just a newborn baby. Demi looks towards Nick nodding her head.

"Joe said she's always been fascinated by them, you should have seen the cake he made her for her first birthday. It was amazing." Demi explains Nick smiling.

"What does he do for a living, make cakes?" Nick inquires wanting to learn more about his older brother and even Kevin which he hopes he could do very soon.

"No, he works in the care home he grew up in. The kids really love him there and he loves doing it even though he lived there as a child. By what he's told me he was a very troubled child, he thought that his mom was dead, he didn't find out until a couple of weeks ago where she was." Demi explains Nick's eyes widening slightly.

"Really? Why didn't they tell him?" Nick questions again.

"Joe said something about his social worker thought it was better for him if he went to a nice family who would actually love and care for him not that it ever happened. He only had a handful of foster homes and none of them every worked out." Demi explains again.

"Wow, mom never told me anything about my supposed older brothers apart from old memories she had of when they were younger but I was starting to believe that they weren't even real and as for my father I don't know anything about him." Nick explains back.

"I know where he is but it's not my place to tell you, you must be about twenty right?" Demi asks Nick shaking his head gently.

"Twenty one but close enough." He jokes Demi cracking a small smile.

"Same as me but anyway ask your mom, you're not a kid anymore. You have a right to know what happened to your family." Demi advices.

"Your right thanks Demi, dinner should be ready soon if you want to come through." Nick states getting up Demi following his action. She picks Amelia up the stuffed hedgehog coming up with her

the three of them making their way into the dining area.

---------------------------------------------------------

Comments please