Chapter 30~ JJ

"What was that all about?" Pope questions immediately as I walk through the door, the sound of Rafe's bike slowly fading away.

"He was just giving me a ride," I murmur, walking past the two boys and sitting myself in the old rocking chair.

"Izzy, he literally tried to beat JJ's face in yesterday."

"I know that," I snap, "How could I forget. I was there."

"Guys," JJ interupts, "Stop arguing, if she wants to hang out with the kook, she can."

"I wasn't hanging out with him-"

"Izzy, I said it's fine." JJ avoided my eyes as my temper spiked.

I clenched my jaw and slouched down in the chair.

The two of them start talking quietly to each other as I rock back and forth, their voices slowly fading into the background.

I wanted to see my brother and know where he went, and JJ wouldn't even talk to me.

I barely noticed when Kie walked in, but JJ sure did.

He greeted her like normal but something seemed different. He smiled brighter and I watched him start fidgeting with his hair as she leaned against the counter.

Heyward walked out of the back and smiled at Kie before putting stuff away on certain shelves.

"Hey Izzy!" Kie grins at me and I nod in return, not getting up to join them.

"So what are we talking about?" Kie asks as she raises her self up on the counter to sit down.

"Just how those Kooks are little bitches," Pope mutters and quickly glances at his dad afterwards who was distracted.

"Don't let it get in your head man, there's three of them and two of us," JJ shrugs, throwing another sunflower seed up for him to catch in his mouth.

I decided to let that go since JJ didn't think me and Kie counted. Even though they probably would've been beaten to a pulp if we hadn't shown up.

"That's typical Kook shit right there," JJ finishes, glancing at me out of the corner of his eye.

"Hell yeah," Kie agrees, reaching into JJ's bag of sunflower seeds.

"What was your thought process of using your head, Pope?" JJ smirks as Pope's face heats up.

The low rumble of an engine attracts my attention to the window by the door. Outside, a cop cruiser had just pulled up.

Heyward, seeming to have heard the car too, shares a confused look with me before he goes outside.

"I don't know man," Pope shakes his head, "I just kind of acted off instinct."

"Yes," Kie snickers.

"I was a cornered animal," Pope protest making JJ and Kie laugh. I probably would've smiled too if I wasn't paying so much attention to the cop outside.

My heart skipped a beat as Shoupe, the cop that practically hated us, got out of the car.

I watched Shoupe and Heyward exchange brief words, Heyward's face quickly changing anxious.

I sit up straight as Shoupe heads for the door, he was coming inside.

"Pope," Heyward says loudly making everyone turn to face him, "Someone here to see you."

Oh boy, this wasn't good.

Pope's face paled as soon as he spotted Shoupe, "Evening officer."

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property."