Chapter 29~ A+I

A group of obnoxiously loud kids enter The Wreck as I finish wiping off the counter and cash register.

  Relief fills me as they sit themselves at a table close to the front.

  "Aye Kie!" I call over my shoulder at the smiling girl who was laughing with her dad.

  "Hmm?" Kie hums, fixing her ponytail as she walks over to me.

  "Two tourist just sat in your section, good luck."

  Kie gave a dramatic sigh as she grabbed her notepad off the counter and slowly started off towards the table.

  "Put a little pep in your step Kie!" I call out loudly as a smile spreads across my face.

  "You got it babe!" Kie yells, and a laugh escapes me as she skips the rest of the way to the table.

  My smile fades as my eyes land on the familiar writing carved into the counter.

  A+I.

  Those two simple letters brought up memories I didn't want to remember, or the person who wrote them.

  "Asher stop," I managed to get out through my fit of uncontrollable giggles.

  Asher finally gave up on tickling me, his grin not leaving his face as he runs a hand through his usual mess of chestnut hair.

  "I hate you," The words left my mouth with a smile as Kie walked past us, sending a dirty look Ashers way.

  "I love you too, beautiful," Asher pulls me closer to him, not paying Kie any mind.

  Still, my eyes trailed after her as she made her way to one of the tables outside The Wreck where my brother, Pope, and JJ were sitting.

  Kie said something to them, causing JJ to lift his head towards where Asher and I were sitting on top of the counter.

  There was still a few minutes until we opened and I intended to spend that time with Ash before I had to work, they could be mad all they wanted.

  "Your pogues don't like me much," Asher comments quietly as he plays with a loose string of my hair.

  "They'll get over it." I respond, entwining out hands.

  "You're brother looks like he's about to murder me."

  Sure enough, John B was sending death glares at Ash's back. If looks could kill Asher would be 12 feet under.

  "Hey," I murmur, lifting his chin so he'd look at me, "They're just not used to you yet, besides my brother's way to protective of me."

  Asher mumbles an "I know," as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out his small pocket knife.

  "What are you doing?" I ask, confused as he uses his knife to begin carving something into the wooden counter.

  A smile flickers across his pink lips, only answering me after he pulls his knife away from the counter top.

  "Ash," I whisper, finally able to see what he'd done.

  I slide my fingers over the two letters he'd carved, so simple yet it meant a lot to me.

  "A plus I. Asher and Isabelle," Ash gives me a shy look, examining my face.

  "I love it," My grin stretches from one ear to the other, causing Asher to smile and capture his lips with mine.