Chapter 3~ Pogue style

"Izzy, get your lazy ass up right now," Kie says yanking the covers off me. "Noo," I groan, rolling over to bury my face in her pillows.

  "Izzy, come on. My parents are letting us ride with them to work," kie pulls the curtains back making sunlight engulf the whole room. I groan again before sitting up in the bed.

  "Hurry up, you can wear this," Kie throws a pile of clothes at me. "Okay," I say yawning, "thanks Kie."

  "Your welcome, now get up. Chop, chop," Kie says as she moves around her room energetically. Kie was a morning person, I was not.

  I stand up and stretch before I strip out of my old clothes and into a Harley Davidson shirt that I tucked into a pair of jean shorts. I grab my converse and quickly pull them on with ankle socks.

  "Okay, let's goo," Kie says pulling me out of the room as I sigh. After saying good morning to her parents and eating quickly, we get in their car and start the drive to The Wreck.

  "The power's out, my phone doesn't have any service Izzy," Kie says, sounding sad.
"Oh whatever shall we do," I say in mock sadness.

  I look out the car window in disbelief. The hurricane had knocked down a good number of tress and debris was everywhere. As we pulled up to The Wreck we could see some tourist and locals helping to pull fallen tree branches off the restaurant.

  After three hours of taking orders and serving impatient customers I sigh in relief when Kie says, "The boys are here."

  "Try not to drool over JJ today will ya," Kie teases me. "Shut up Kie, I don't drool over him. We're just friends and that's all," I say as I pull my hair out of its ponytail.

  "Could've fooled me," Kie laughs and says something else under her breath. "What was that?" I ask.

  "Nothing," she laughs again, "dad we're leaving."

  "Already? Kiara, I told you-" Her dad begins but is cut of by kie. "Bye dad, love you!" She grabs a cooler and my hand and we run out of the store laughing.

  "Oh, top of the mornin' to ya," JJ greets us as we reach the edge of the dock. "Good morning boys," Kie smiles. "Whatcha got? You got some juice boxes?" Pope ask as he eyes up the cooler in Kie's hand.

  "You know, just some yogurts and carrot sticks," Kie says as Pope helps her into the boat. "Good morning, m'lady," JJ says as he holds out his hand to help me into the boat.
"Good morning young sir," I smile, sitting down beside him.

  JJ and Kie both grab a beer out of the cooler. He offers me one but I shake my head. I rarely drink because everytime I do my mouth doesn't know how to shut up and sometimes I say a little too much.

  "Let me show you a party trick," JJ says in a fake accent as he stands on the front of the boat. "Hey, Pope, can you go a little faster?"

"Oh god, here we go, I'm moving," John B says moving to the back of the boat to sit, "It doesn't work, we've tried this like 6,000 times."

  "I got this. It's gonna work!" JJ says as he holds up a beer in front of his mouth, aiming for his mouth but the wind blows the beer anywhere but there.

  "JJ you're getting beer in my hair," I laugh, trying to move out of the way. "Oh my God," Pope says as beer flies back into his face, "All right, stop JJ."

  "All right, you're done," John B laughs. "JJ quit!" Kie groans. All of a sudden the boats motor rattles and stops abruptly, throwing us all forward from where we were sitting.

  "JJ!" I scream as he does a front flip off the front of the boat and into the water. "Jesus Pope!" Kie says as he groans.

  JJ groans as he comes up the surface. "You okay JJ?" Pope ask, coming to stand beside me. "I think my heels touched the back of my head," JJ moans and I let out a breath of relief.