Episode 11: Princes, Take Up the Brush!

"Princess, a letter from the Royal Tutor."

Lilia hummed as she took the letter with a 'thanks' and promptly shut her doors, walking to her corner where she usually painted.

"What could sensei want with me~?" Lilia sang as she flopped on her chair, opening the envelope while doing so.

The envelope read:

Good day princess, I trust you had a pleasant morning? I have come with a request to meet at the art room at noon. I shall explain my reasons there.

With regards,
Heine Wittgenstein

"Art room?" Lilia pondered, looking at the clock.

▪ ▪ ▪

"Professor~!" Lilia called, opening the door. "The first princess has arrived- WHA-!" She jumped back at the sight of Heine smiling and looking like an adult.

Heine appeared from behind the painting. "It is only a portrait of myself, princess."

Lilia panted from the sitting position on the floor. "Yeah, I knew that.." She replied with a hand above her heart.

"By the by, I have heard that your highness is a painter and has two of her paintings displayed in the national art museum?"

"Ah, yeah...I have 'The Widow' and 'Lights' on display." Lilia replied.

"Is that so?" Heine replied as he picked up a box of paint.

"Yup~!" Lilia replied strolling over. "We noblewomen receive art lessons from our time at the academy."

"Since your highness is well-versed in art, may I ask for your assistance in the group lesson the next day?"

"Hmm..? Why would sensei need my assistance? You seem to teach my brothers and I fairly well..I doubt I will be much help if you are the one teaching. By the by, what are my brothers going to do tomorrow? They won't just be studying portraits and their painters, right?

"For tomorrow, they shall paint." Heine revealed.

"Eh?" Lilia asked, dumbstruck. "Sir, please reconsider, aside from Linie, none of them has had much experience in painting."

"Hmm, I'm sure it won't be that bad.." Heine answered. "Prince Bruno excels in a lot of fields, painting is surely included, and as you said, Prince Licht has some experience. Prince Kai and Prince Leonhard shouldn't be that bad as well."

"I-If you say so.." Lilia sighed in defeat. "So, what am I going to be doing?"

"Your ladyship will serve as a commentator, and if your brothers want, you can also be painted by them." Heine replied.

'I-I'd rather not..' Lilia thought in fear. "Well, okay.. I guess.."

▪ ▪ ▪

"What will Heine have us do for this group lesson, I wonder?" Licht wondered, twirling a strand of his hair on his finger.

"Who can say?" Leonhard replied. "By the by, has anyone seen Lilia?"

Although no one had the chance to reply as Heine arrived before they could say anything.

"Apologies for the wait." Heine greeted them...with his painting.

"Heine?!" Leonhard sputtered.

"Wha-?!" Licht stumbled back.

"Your highnesses," Heine called, appearing from the back of the portrait. "Do you like art?" He asked.

"Huh?" The princes chorused.