Episode 7: Father, the Warrior King

A knock was heard at night while Lilia was practicing with her new kalimba.

Opening it, she saw her father's high steward, Herr Jacob, holding a candle.

"Yes?" Lilia raised a brow to the late visitor.

"Good evening, princess." The steward greeted. "Your father has just returned from his half-year trip. He requests for your prescence tomorrow morning, along with your brothers and the royal tutor. Please assemble outside of his office after breakfast."

"M'kay." Lilia answered then yawned underneath her hand.

"Good night, princess." The steward then closed the door.

▪ ▪ ▪

Lilia, along with her brothers, were standing outside their father's office on the designated time.

Leonhard, Licht and Bruno was slouching in despair while Kai was the only one truly overjoyed.

While Lilia, while not slouching, was wearing a frown, in contemplation.

"We are here, royal tutor." Herr Jacob told Heine as they entered.

"Thank you." Heine answered. "Your highnesses must be overjoyed to see your father after his long tri-" He started but was soon cut off after he registered the state of the royals.

"Your highnesses...? What seems to be the matter?" He asked, walking to Bruno's side.

"To be honest," Bruno began looking wary. "we aren't unhappy about seeing Father, but..-" He was suddenly cut off by Licht who shoved his face away from Heine's sight.

"As his children, there are some things we notice more than others." Licht continued.

Licht then directed Heine to Kai who was standing against the wall. "Only Kainie here is genuinely happy about Father's return."

Kai nodded in response. "I love Father. We must love all living things." He declared.

Heine only sweatdropped.

"Must we see Father?" Leonhard asked as Heine looked at him in thought.

"Leonie, of course we must see him. He just returned and we need to greet him. Whatever his reaction may be....." Lilia trailed off in wariness.

'Reaction...?' Heine thought.

"Is everyone ready?" The steward asked the group who replied with a nod.

As the doors opened, the group entered and heard the doors quietly shut behind them, giving them privacy with the king.

As they assembled in a line in front of Viktor, it was in complete silence which Heine has noticed and alerted Leonhard.

"Come now," Heine whispered. "Are you going to greet your father?" He asked.

"Um..." Leonhard whispered hesitantly.

"We celebrate your safe return, your majesty." Bruno began, walking forward as his siblings done the same and bowing. "Your majesty must be tired after the trip." Licht finished after they lifted their heads.

Heine then kneeled down and bowed his head. "Pleased to meet you, your majesty." Heine greeted. "I am Heine Wittgenstein, the new royal tutor."

The king suddenly bowed his head, shedding a tear.

"Eh...?" Heine whispered, looking up.

"Forgive me." The king said. "It was not long ago that you were just little children, now, you're greeting me and it was... So grown up!" He cried.