Episode 6: Adele x Heine (non!)

Lilia fastened the bow on her uniform then turned around.

"Ready, Hase?" She asked the rabbit to which she was answered by the rabbit hopping to her shoulder.

She entered the dining room, greeted her brothers, grandmother and sister and sat down.

"Brothers, Sister, I'm gonna have my portrait painted today!" Adele announced.

"Wahh~ That's nice..." Licht trailed off.

"What's it for?" Lilia asked.

"I don't know." Adele shrugged. "But I'm gonna ask!"

---------

That was yesterday.

The day after...

Leonhard knocked at Adele's door.

"Adele! It's time for breakfast!" He said. "Please eat with us!"

There was no reply.

Heine approached them. "Your highnesses...?"

"Ah Master..." Bruno greeted. "Adele wouldn't come out of her room. It's already time for breakfast."

"Adele!" Lilia called, knocking. "Please answer!"

Licht stared at the door, then to Heine. "She was in such low spirits yesterday, then she wouldn't go out of her room.." He said, frowning.

Leonhard slouched from his position in front of the door. "What shall I do..?" He asked. "How can I live without Adele talking to me!" He despaired as Heine just stared.

Luckily, Leonhard's words had convinced Adele to open her door.

She stared up at her elder siblings and the royal tutor.

"Sorry Leo.. But if I go out, I'll have to finish the portrait... and then I'll be sent away to be married!" She declared, eyes tearing up.

"WHAATTT!?!?" Leonhard shouted, but quickly notices that his siblings were only silent.

"Wait.. Why aren't you shocked?!" He asked his brothers and sister.

"Well, we know she would be married in the future to a royal in another kingdom. It's common knowledge." Bruno adjusted his glasses.

"Such in the princess life." Licht continued and Kai nodded his head.

"Why do you think I'm denying suitors?" Lilia deadpanned.

"Huh!? Why didn't you tell me you'd also be married off!?" Leonhard asked Lilia.

"Uh, since I thought you knew, duh." Lilia sassed.

"So that's why she would not leave her room." Heine said.

"But," Bruno approached Adele. "It would not happen till she's grown." He said.

He then proceeded to tug Adele outside. "Come now, it is time to eat breakfast. You must eat to keep your strength." He continued.

Adele forced her hand away from Bruno's and darted to Heine.

"T-then, if I must be married," She clung to Heine's arm. "It will be with Professor Heine!" She declared.

"Eh?" Heine blinked while the royals were rendered speechless.

Adele continued, smiling brightly. "Professor will stay here forever. If I marry him, I'll stay too!"

"EHHHH!?" They shouted.

"B-but, Adele.. You're too young.." Lilia stuttered. "The same will also happen to me in a few years, if it comforts you."

"N-no!" Adele rushed to hug her. "If that's the case," She then tugged Lilia to her and Heine's side. "You should marry Professor too!"