Episode 2: The Royal Interviews!

Lilia stared at Bruno, tense air surrounding the siblings.

Bruno then took a piece and placed it on the board. "Checkmate." Bruno smirked in satisfaction.

"Ehh?!" Lilia groaned in frustration. "I lost again?!"

"You should've positioned your pawn here, sister." Bruno pointed in a spot diagonal to a pawn. Upon closer inspection, Lilia did notice that she could've placed it there and might've won.

She groaned again, laying her head on the cushion behind her. "Aww...I lost again.." Lilia repeated in irritation.

It was shortly cut off by knocking at the door.

"Enter." Bruno adjusted his glasses as Lilia sat up straight, smoothing out her uniform.

Heine then entered the room and shut the door. "Your highnesses, are you busy at the moment?" Heine asked as he approached them.

"Oh no, no, Professor." Lilia shook her head. "You came at the right time. We were just finishing up." Lilia smiled.

"Yes." Bruno quirked a brow as he took out his pocket watch. "You are ten minutes early. I applaud you. You may sit down at Lia's seat and we can begin the interview." He spoke, gesturing to the seat across him while Lilia moved to sit beside him.

Heine sat down at the couch and looked at the siblings calculatingly.

The two, noticing this, tensed up slightly, narrowing their eyes in caution.

"Professor." Lilia spoke up. "Are those the tests Brunie and I shall take?" She inquired, gesturing to the folder tucked under Heine's arm.

Heine relaxed slightly and nodded. "Yes. Please complete it within an hour."

"Understood." Bruno and Lilia took the papers that Heine held out and began the test.

Lilia hummed upon seeing the questions. 'Surprisingly, it's easy. Either professor is giving us all the same exam or he's sorely underestimating me. Better check.'

She then subtly tilted her head to glance at Bruno's paper. It is the same as hers.

"Princess." Heine called, making Lilia jump. "Please refrain from peeking at Prince Bruno's paper. It is wrong to cheat."

Lilia sweatdropped in fear, feeling Bruno's gaze boring into her. "I apologize, Professor." She spoke. "I was simply checking to see if we have the same questions. I have noticed that our questions were surprisingly easy. Care to explain?"

"Is that so?" Heine tilted his head. "Your interview exam is the same with your siblings. This serves to test your mastery of the basics."

"Oh, okay." Lilia nodded at looked back at her paper.

Two minutes later, Bruno handed back his papers swiftly.

"That was fast!" Lilia whispered to him.

"Well, yes." Bruno deadpanned. "I was answering the test while you were asking the Royal Tutor. Of course I'd finish first."

"Princess, please continue with your test." Heine intervened.

"Yes, of course." Lilia turned back to her test.

A minute later, she was also done.

Lilia relaxed into the cushions after Heine took the test from her. Meanwhile, Bruno sat up straighter and laced his hands together.

"If you do not mind, Lilia and I would like to test your skills." Bruno spoke as he stared at Heine with steel.

Lilia also sat up and nodded her head. "We were flabbergasted at the thought of someone who did not go to university being our tutor and a child no less."