Episode 4: The Royal Field Trip to Wienner

Heine walks through the corridors in the dead of night, seeking a certain princess to ask a question to.

Facing the door to said princess' room, Heine knocks on the door.

A few moments later, the door is opened a fraction, only showing the face of Lilia.

"Oh, Professor it's you." Lilia spoke, holding the door open while rubbing her eyes.

"I'm sorry, did I disturb your sleep, your highness?" Heine asks.

Lilia yawns, covering her mouth and rubbing her eyes again. "No sir." A yawn. "I was just going to sleep."

Heine raises a brow. "At this hour?" He showed his watch to her, revealing that it was one in the morning.

"Well, you were the one who came knocking at my door at one a.m." Lilia pointed out.

"I apologise, I simply wanted to inquire something, although, if you want, we can discuss this in the morn."

"No no, it's okay. I'm used to sleeping late anyways." Lilia opened her door to allow Heine in.

As they sat down on one of her lounges, Heine looked around, noticing that the room is brightly lit, even though only two candles were lit.

He noticed things a normal noble lady would possess, like canvases, a table for embroidery, books, music sheets (to which his lips quirked a bit, remembering the interview a few hours ago), etc.

"So," Lilia began, lacing her hands together. "What is it that you want that you decided to come to my quarters this early?"

Heine thought for a bit. "Forgive me if I sounded intrusive, but, by any chance, does your highness have any mental disabilities?"

Lilia quirked a brow. "Why do you say so?"

"I noticed a very subtle change in your highness' stature."

At Lilia's quirked brow, Heine continued. "And your eyes changed its color."

Lilia's eyes widened in realization. 'At that time...'

"Yes." Heine nodded. "I noticed that at the greetings, your eyes were black. But when I interviewed you and Prince Bruno, your eyes were blue, like your siblings."

Lilia pursed her lips, before giggling. "Wow, professor. You're the first tutor to suspect Ellie."

"Ellie...?" Heine questioned.

"My split persona." Lilia smiled mysteriously.

"Goodness me, I heard that split personas are extremely rare, developed under extreme circumstances." Heine pointed out, pausing after in realization of what he implied.

Lilia, having also noticed it, deeply frowned. "Professor, I would like not to answer any questions about the upbringing of Ellie."

Heine nodded in understanding. "Of course."

Lilia smiled gratefully. "Thank you, sir."

They then spent the next minutes chatting about Ellie. Lilia also allowed Ellie to emerge, letting Heine ask a few light questions.