She's WHAT?

"She's WHAT?" I ask in utter disbelief.

"She's my girlfriend." repeats Charlie with a smirk, "Do I need to spell that out for you?"

Wow he has big dimples. They're so cute! I shake my head, clearing my head. He has a girlfriend.

"No! I just don't understand!"

"What's not to understand? We're both very happy together!" Charlie announces.

"No! That's not what I meant! What I really mean is why did you ask her?" I glare at him, wanting answers.

"Why wouldn't I ask her? she's beautiful, caring, sweet, smart, kind-"

I just tune him out and walk out of my room but Charlie follows me.

"-irresistible, fantastic, gorgeous, daring, brave-"

"Charlie shut up." I tell him seriously.

"-cuddly, lovable, stupendous, super caring, hot-"

"Charlie cut it out. I don't want to hear about your love-life." I say sternly, as I walk outside to the fire pit.

"-super beautiful, magnificent, amazing, clever, pretty-"

"CHARLIE SHUT UP!" I yell, scaring away some birds in the trees.

"Sorry?" he mumbles quietly, his face turning red. "I didn't mean to be annoying or anything."

"Yeah well you were. Just go away. I don't want to talk to you anymore." I tell him softly as I sit down by the fire pit.

"Oh okay. That's fine. I should go then. Bye." Charlie sighs and walks back to the cabin. But right when I thought he would finally stop talking, and turns around and looks at me with this stupid grin plastered across his face.

"I just think you want me to leave because you're jealous of Alex." He says with a wink. And with that he spins on his heel and stalks off.

"No! I'm totally NOT jealous! Why would I be jealous? I actually feel BAD for her! She's got the WORST boyfriend ever! I'm NOT jealous, Charlie!" I yell after him. I sigh and shake my head. Who was I kidding?

I was totally jealous of Alex.

++++++++++++

"Hey babe!" calls Tanner cheerfully. I can tell he's overjoyed to call me that, but I don't like the sound of it. It just sounds wrong.

"Hi!" I jog over to him and give him a hug. "How are you?"

"Great now that I'm with you." he answers, his face turning red.

"Aww thanks Tanner you're the best!" I squeal happily and shove his shoulder playfully.

"Hey Skyler I need your help over here!" yells Alex from the storage house.

I immediatly run over and ask, "What do you need help with?" But I regret it right after.

She's organizing.

"Could you help please?" Alex asks, making a puppy face so her gorgeous blue eye's beg me for help. I can't say no to this face. Nobody else here can either.

"Fine." I cross my arms and frown at her, mad that I have to clean. I could be exploring or hunting or doing something that is actually useful.

"Alright. Here you can start over there." Alex points a corner with a pile of junk. I grudgingly shuffle over, watching out for anything gross that I might step on.

"I hate you Alex." I grumble angrily as I settle down in the corner.

"I love you too!" she exclaims a little too happily. "So what's going on with you and Tanner?"

I pause for a moment and then reply, "We're doing fine. What about you and Charlie?"

"FANTASTIC! He's so amazing!"

"Amazingly annoying." I mumble to myself.

"What was that?" Alex asks.

"Oh nothing. I just remembered that Mia wanted me to help her! Bye bye!" I sprint out of the cabin before Alex begs me to stay.

"Wait! SKYLER! I need you......" she calls from the doorway but I was too far to hear the rest.

Where was Mia anyway? "Yo Mia!" I yell into the forest.

"Yo." a voice whispers behind my back. I nearly jump a mile.

"MIA YOU LITTLE TURD!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

She giggles, "I got you so good!"

"I hate you!"

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" Wow this is strange. She and Alex both said that.

"Did you learn that from Alex?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Maybe?" Mia shrugs shyly.

"You little stinker." I say as I ruffle her hair.

"SKY!" she whines, "I'm not a baby anymore!"

I smirk. "You'll always be my little Mia-Bear!"

"I hate you, Skyler."

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" I cry out, mocking her.

Mia starts giggling, but then stops. "I'm supposed to be mad right now! Skyler stop it!" Before I could say anything else, Mia runs away. I can tell she's trying hard not to laugh.

"Hiya!" chirps Tanner as he grabs my waist.

"Hey." I say in monotone.

He lifts an eyebrow. "Why aren't you happy? I just saw you goofing around with Mia. Is there something wrong?"

"Ha! I so got you Tanner!" I squeal and jump into his arms. The truth was, I do not want to see him right now. He splattered my mood.

He pulled back from me and said, "Good. I was starting to think you were mad."

"Nah. I'm perfectly fine." I fake smile. I feel so horrible, I need to tell him about Charlie.

"Alright!" He starts walking off to cutting wood.

I take a deep breath and then call out, "On second thought.."

He spins on his heel and starts walking back. "Tell me everything. I'm sure I can help."

I'm not sure he can.

"Well, I'm just not happy being your girlfriend. I'm not sure I'm ready."

Wow that sounds so cheesey.

Tanner's eyes immediately lost their happiness. His face paled and his shoulders slumped. "I was almost positive this would happen. I don't even know why I even bothered to ask you anyway. It's about Charlie, isn't it? Yeah well guess what? This is the second time he's taken away my dream girl. I had asked out Alex last year and she said she was in love with Charlie. Now that jerk has taken away you too. I'll never be good enough for anyone. Because Charlie will always be there to sweep my bride off her feet and leave me with nothing. You have no idea what it's like to be heartbroken and alone." Tanner starts tearing up, but it just makes me even more mad.

"Tanner, I do know what it's like to be heartbroken and alone. I am every single day of my miserable life. My parents left me. I'll never see them again. Mia has created some light in my life, but soon someone else will blow it out all over again. And do you know why you will never me good enough? It's not because Charlie is here. It's because you don't know how to grow up and deal with it. I know that I haven't either, but at least I'm trying! We are over Tanner. Get out of my life."

"I will." he whispers and sprints the opposite way of the houses.

"What have I done this time?" I scream and sink to the ground. I need to get out of here. I need to be anywhere but here.

I shakily stand up and dash anywhere. Anywhere but here.

++++++++

HEYO! I'm so sorry guys! I'm such a meanie, to keep you guys waiting for so long! I feel so horrible! I hope I make this up to you by updating twice in one night! I hope you like it!