KEEP GOING!

"Guys where are we going?" I pant while we're running.

"I don't know, Skyler. We just need to run." Charlie says sternly.

I raise my hands up. "Okay okay. But my opinion is that we need plan. Also, how are we going to meet up with Alex?"

"I don't care about that at the moment. We just need to get somewhere safe and fast. The tornado is getting closer."

"And how do you know that?" I ask stubbornly, "You can't even see it."

Charlie pauses for a moment and then answers, "I just know."

"Guys shut up! Keep running!" Mia yells out of nowhere.

"Okay sorry." I hang my head and return to my dark thoughts. What is going to happen to us? Where are we going to go? Where will we sleep? How will we eat? The questions keep swirling around in my head, like the tornado out there, following our trail. We haven't stopped at all yet. We've been running for about two hours, only the last of our energy keeping us going. Not for much longer though.

"Guys I need a break." I wheeze, now it's hard to breathe.

"No we need to keep going." Mia responds. How is she still running?

I slow my pace a little, "I really need to stop."

"No keep going! We need to go! We can't rest, not even for a second. We don't have enough time!" Mia says. She has never used this tone with me before. Not ever.

"I'm trying." I gasp. I can't take this any longer. My vision is starting to turn black, and I'm seeing dots appear before my eyes. My backpack feels like it's filled with rocks, even though it only has my clothes. My legs feel like jello, so I can't keep up with Charlie and Mia anymore.

"MIA! Stop! NOW!" Charlie screams, noticing me. She turns around just to see me fall to the ground.

My vision turns black as it all fades away.

+++++++++

I wake up in the grass, with my head laid on a rock, kind-of like a pillow. I take in my surroundings. I'm in a forest with huge oaks towering over me. My backpack in laying next to me. The smell of smoke makes its way up to my nose. It's sunset, my favorite time of the day.

"Good morning." I croak, causing a yelp from a person nearby.

"SKYLER!" shrieks a familiar voice, "YOU'RE ALIVE!" I feel two scrawny arms wrap around me.

"Of course I'm alive you little turd." I chuckle.

The person sniffles, "I thought I killed you. Gosh Skyler, I'm so sorry. I was so stupid. I wasn't thinking clearly and I just wanted to get out of there. Oh Skyler! Forgive me! I was a horrible sister! I should have listened when you told me to stop. You fainted because of me! It's all my fault, Sky."

"Hey. You stop beating yourself up right now. Wipe up those tears and lets go find Charlie." I stand up, thinking I would be fine, but boy was I wrong. My legs collapse from under me and I tumble to the ground.

"Sky!" Mia shrieks, " Are you okay?"

I sit up and brush off my sweatshirt. "Yeah I'm fine." No I'm not! I feel stupid and weak!

I hear footsteps not too far away, so I turn around. "SKYYYYY!" screams an overly childish boy named Charlie, "YOU'RE BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!"

"What is up with you guys and thinking I was dead? Couldn't you tell if I was breathing?" I squeak out as I'm pulled into a tight hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay." whispers a voice in my ear, "I don't know what I would do without you. Mia was a crying wreck and I didn't know what to do with her. It was really scary."

I chuckle and shove him away. "You liar!"

"Ohhh Miaaa! How about you tell Skyler how great of a friend I was? How I comforted you?" Charlie asks sweetly.

Mia snorts. "All you did was pat my head and repeat, 'Shush. Stop crying.' Besides, you were tearing up too."

"Was not!" Charlie whines, stomping his foot.

Mia sticks out her tongue, "Was too."

"No I wasn't! Stop blaming me!" he kicks at the ground and glares at Mia. This is hilarious!

"I'm only telling the truth!"

"Stop blaming me like a little 5 year-old!"

"Ha! Look who's talking!" Mia giggles making me start to laugh too.

Charlie crosses his arms and pouts. "You guys are just big bullies! Big fat bullies!" He storms off, stomping the whole way.

"Wait Charlie! Where are you going?" I call out to him, with a smirk on my face.

He turns around, still frowning. "I was gonna grab the bags. We need to keep moving. The tornado is really close."

I sigh, "I almost forgot."

"Yeah the fun's over now." Mia groans, "What are we going to do?"

"I was thinking we could go to a nearby town for safety." Charlie responds after a moment.

"No." I put as much force in my words as I can, "We will not go to a town. What if they recognize me and turn me in? We can't! I won't allow it."

"Skyler this our lives we're talking about! Would you rather die than get turned in? We need to!" Charlie yells.

"No! You would care if your whole life you have been working like a slave! With no parents, no love, and no joy! I had to go through that alone! I'm sure you would just rather go run to your family and leave us! You little-" I scream but Charlie pushes me to the ground with a 'thud'.

"You listen to me Skyler! Do you just think that after we've been through, I would just leave you? No! I thought you were smarter than that Sky! I would never leave you and you have to remember that! I am out here with you for a reason! I don't have a family, Sky! They straight out told me they didn't want me. They kicked me out when I was four. Four! Can you fricken believe that? I was their only child and they left me on my own! Stop thinking about yourself, Skyler! Other people have gone through crap too. The world doesn't revolve around you. You need to understand that! We are going to a town whether you like it or not. Suck it up and grow up! Gosh, you're so oblivious." By the end of Charlie's speech his voice is shaky and out of breath.

I just sit down on the ground, not speaking at all. He pushed me. Charlie has never hurt me before. But the pain that I feel at this very moment is not physical. It's so much more. Every word he said is true. This is what he thinks of me. This what I am. I don't dare say a word, I'm too afraid it will be the wrong thing.

"So stupid." Charlie mutters as he shakes his head. "Come on let's get goin' then."

"Okay." Mia whispers. Oh gosh I forgot she was here. She must think I'm a horrible person too. She gets up and walks over to the pile of bags.

"That means you too Skyler." Charlie sneers, "Unless you expect us to do your work for you." He gives me one last look of pure disgust and then joins Mia by the pile.

I choke back a sob and say as strong as I can, "Alright I'm coming. Let's get out of this place."

+++++++++

WAAA BAMMMMM! ANOTHER CHAPTER DONNNNE! I HOPE YOU LOVE IT AND KEEP ON LIKING AND COMMENTING! If you ever have any questions, just ask! Thanks so much for EVERYTHING!!!! TODDLES!