It's Not Fair to Me

I just sit down on the rock and wait. I honestly don't what I'm waiting for. Maybe a fairy godmother that will grant me a wish. Maybe for time to just pass me by. Maybe a magical pony that will fly me back home.

Home.

I haven't thought of home in such a long time. My home is where Mia is. Right? My home is here. But at the same time I think of when Mia was "dead" I was with my foster parents and their children, Sam and Cathy. Cathy was 2 years older than me, but she still treated me like I was her slave. It was terrible. My foster parents weren't any better.

I wonder if my real parents are still alive. I wonder if they feel horrible about giving me up. Oh well. It doesn't matter to me anymore. My life is already ruined. It's got too many holes missing in it. The holes used to be memories. They used to be joy and happiness and so may other emotions I can't describe. And I lost them. They were lost in the depths of pain and misery inside me.

"What have I done to deserve this?" I scream up to the sky. "Why have you destroyed my life? Just send me a sign! A sign that there is happiness in the world!"

I hear a bang of thunder, and feel a drop of rain.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." I mutter.

This is it. This is my life. Just a mistake. All of me is a mistake. My eyes sting. This isn't how I die. It can't be. I bet fate has a few more torture plans for me.

"I can't wait." I grumble sarcastically. By now, the rain has picked up the pace. It's pouring.

I can't just give up like this. It's not fair to Mia, she means the world to me. It's not fair to Tanner, he only wants to be loved. It's not fair to my REAL parents, they must have abandoned us for a reason. It's not fair to Charlie, even though he is a real jerk face. It's not fair to Alex, she doesn't know what Charlie has gotten her into.

And it's not fair to me.

I've been hold myself back, from all the pleasures in life. All the joy and the happiness. But that's my fault. Not fate's. Not the future's. Not anyone else's.

I soak it all in.

All the rain. All the pain. All the betrayal. All the relief. All the realization. Everything.

I smile as the rain pounds down on me. This is my choice. My life.

Then with a feeling of hope in my heart, I stomp back to the camp.

"Sky! You need to stop running away like this!" Tanner scolds and pulls me into hug.

"Sorry," I mumble into his chest, "I'm just really tired."

Tanner lifts an eyebrow and loops his arms around my waist, "Oh really, Miss I-want-to-ditch-my-boyfriend-all-the-time."

I smile up at him, "Wow I never realized how long my last name is!"

"Me neither. Now come on, I'm soaked."

++++++++++++

After I get inside and change into a new set of clothes, I just it on my bed and think. I think about the real mom and dad. About how kind and caring they were before they left Mia and I. Mia didn't deserve it. She was so young and helpless. My parents should have never left us.

The only feeling I've felt toward my parents after they abandoned us was anger.

I was too stuck up to realize that they cared for us so much and they never wanted to leave. I finally realize how horrible I was.

When they left I was angry at the world. At everything.

Mia was all I had left. She was my little ray of sunshine. She was the umbrella that kept me out of the rain. She was my everything!

I tried for her. I tried to be the sister she's always wanted. I tried to be normal. I tried to be the real me before my foster parents adopted us.

I tried and succeeded.

I was finally happy again. More people liked me. They actually treated me normally.

And it was all because of Mia.

"Hey? You got a minute?" I jump out of my train of thoughts. Charlie stands by the doorway.

I start frowning again. "What do you want?"

Charlie puts his hands up, "Woah sorry! What's your problem?"

"You are!" I exclaim.

"Hey I just came here to fix things! There's no need to murder me!"

"Oh yes there is." I mumble under my breath.

Charlie walks over and sits next to me. I can't help but to gape up at him. He looks stunning the way his hair falls perfectly into his face. And the way his deep brown eyes bore into me like he can see right into my very soul. And the way-

Oh my gosh I need to stop thinking like this. I have a boyfriend! An amazing one at that! Tanner is all I could ever ask for!

'If he is then why do you fancy Charlie?' says the little voice inside my head.

'Because I haven't realized that Charlie is just a pain in the butt!' I answer back to the voice.

'You better realize it soon before you make a big mistake.' snarls the voice.

"Hello? Anybody in there?" I shake out of my trance and gaze at Charlie.

"Huh?" I ask thickly.

"Did you even hear a word I just said?" he asks with a frown.

I blush and look down. "No?"

"Well as I was SAYING I was thinking if we could just not fight anymore. I just want to be friends, you know? I don't like hating you all the time. I just want us to be cool." he sighs, running a hand through his hair. But then starts grinning stuipidly. "I mean, it's fine if you want to just sweep me off my feet and carry me someplace. I would totally understand if you can't keep your grabby little hands away from me. I mean, look at this." Charlie motions to his body and continues, "But you would just have to deal with Alex first."

I glare at him, feeling my face turn red. "What do you mean deal with Alex?"

"She hasn't told you yet?" he asks, bewildered.

"Haven't heard a word." I reply, starting to get suspicious.

"She's my new girlfriend."