Chapter 12: Moving On

Jeff left the company in 2009, after dropping the heavyweight title to Punk. Despite what you might think, they were actually really cool in real life, and I was lucky they were friends.

About 2 weeks later, I was looking through the news. We had put JJ through school, and Jeff wasn't in bed that morning, so I was just gonna wait for him. I got bored and that's where I was.

I looked through the top 10 news articles on Yahoo! news. Jeff's name was 3rd or 4th on the list, so I clicked on his name. I knew before I clicked on it that the media was trying to figure out why Jeff left abruptly.

That wasn't what I saw. I was seeing all of these news articles about how he got arrested. I was in shock. I clicked on an article that said that he was arrested for possession of pills.

I got up and looked around our house to see where he hid the pills. I was shocked he was on them. He never gave me any indication that he was hooked on them.

I found a couple pain pills in the couch cushions. And I found some more in the plants. I thought the color of the soil looked weird. My mind flashed to JJ. What if he had gotten ahold of those pills and swallowed them? He was old enough to know better, but at six years old, he had a very active imagination. He would often think that things were candy and he would eat it. We had to take him to the hospital quite a few times to resolve it.

I took the pills I found and flushed them down the toilet. I then sat down and read the rest of the article. His bail was set at $25,000. Luckily for him I had that much. I grabbed my keys and walked out to my car. I got in and drove to the jail.

Once I parked the car, I walked inside and walked over to Jeff's cell. I tapped my foot waiting for him to notice.

He turned around and gulped at the sight of me. "R-Ry..."

"Don't even. Matt's coming to get you. I paid bail. I don't even wanna see you right now."

"Ryah please...I didn't mean for you to find out this way..."

"Is this why you left WWE? Just give me that knowledge."

"No, this is not why I left."

"It looks like it."

"But it's not I swear!"

I left him behind and went to pack a bag for the night. I also packed JJ one. If he was truly gonna be a parent, he would give up this shit for good.