Chapter 6: Is there someone else??

A few years later, a few championships later, I noticed a change in Jeff, and so did Matt. He seemed unfocused and whenever he was around me, he would kiss me like the world would end.

I was getting ready for my match with Trish, when all of a sudden, painted arms circled around me. Oh, did I mention that Jeff paints himself? Why? I don't have any unearthly idea.

I look up and see him staring at me unfocused. "Hey, babe." I grabbed his jaw and pulled his head towards me.
He pulled back, and looked at me remorsefully. "What's wrong?"

"I, uhm, got something to tell you." He walked over to me and sat me down.

"What is it?" I asked. "You know you can tell me anything you want to."

"I don't know if I can."

"Why?"

"I'm afraid you might leave me."

I was shocked. Why was he afraid of that? "Whatever it is," I said as I grabbed his hand, "you don't have to be afraid of me leaving you."

"Well it's a few things actually."

"Start with either one."

Jeff looked down at his hand and back at me. "I cheated on you."

I looked at him shocked. "You're kidding me right?"

"I wish Ry, I really do."

"Why? With who?"

"Trish Stratus."

I was shocked. "Trish Stratus? That skank?! Oh God."

I got up and grabbed my bags. I couldn't take it in here anymore. "Babe wait I have an explanation."

I turned back around. "You take your explanation and shove it. We're done. I knew from the minute I met you, you like to defy the rules, not caring who you'd hurt."

"Ry, please listen. I'm...I'm not well."

"I know you're not. If you're up Trish's ass, you must be real desperate for whores."

"No...I'm..."

"You're what Hardy? Sorry? Well, forget it. We're done!"

I walked out and went to warm up for my match. Boy was Trish about to get it.