Chapter 11: Sad Days

(Okay I know all of these memories are sad but they come with a happy ending. Also in this, I try to avoid Jeff's issues as much as possible but one of Ryah's memories comes with his issues. I'll try not to make it as bad as it seems.)

This particular memory was sad for the both of us. We were getting ready for WrestleMania 24 (and for anyone who asks, Jeff was not suspended in this story 😊). JJ was over at Matt's for the night before we had to pick him up for the weekend. I had gotten a call from Matt, something about a house fire. I couldn't hear him due to all the noise in the background.

I handed the phone to Jeff. In about 3 minutes his face was happy, sad, and then he pulled me out the door.

I grabbed the keys and started the car. I asked him where we were going. He quickly told me to drive to his house.

I drove quickly and immediately saw smoke. I followed the smoke back to his place and I had to hold back my scream. "Holy shit..." I cursed. The house was on fire and niether one of us could do a thing about it.

My first thought went to JJ. Where was he? Did Matt bring him here?

"Momma..."

I heard my little man's voice and I picked him up. For a 5 year old, he sure was heavy. "It's okay little man. I'm here. Nothing's gonna happen to you. I promise."

He sniffled at looked at me worriedly. I hugged him and rocked him back and forth. "How did you get here JJ?"

"Matty brought me. And Christian!"

Christian was here? He was supposed to be with TNA last I heard. I guess Matt called and he sped over here.

"TNA had a house show so I'd thought I'd come visit my little nephew." Christian smiled. I jumped at his voice.

"I guess now was a bad time," he chuckled.

"Haha..." I smiled. "You think?"

Jeff walked over and grabbed my hand. "She's mine, Jay."

"Man Hardy chill. I was just visiting."

"How convenient you showed up when my house caught on fire."

"Are you saying I did it?"

"Are you willing to admit to it?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Babe, calm down. He wouldn't do that."

"How do you know. He was friends with Adam and look how that turned out."

"He's not vindictive like him."

"Really? Not vindictive like Adam. Sure." He walked over towards the house. A police officer walked over to him and told him that they found an animal. Realization hit me when I left Jack, his dog, in his laundry room. I got my head on the side of my car and turned back to Jay. I handed JJ to him and walked towards him. I whispered, "let's not fight tonight," in his ear. I hugged him from behind and rested my head on his back. We would make it through this. With time.