Chapter Twelve

Sakari's POV

After much complaining, we decided that we would have to walk back to the pier where the ship was docked. Iroh and Zuko walked in front of me, chatting about something, while I trailed behind them. Yep, the complaining came from me.

"Are we there yet?" I whined.

"What are you? A child?" Zuko asked, turning his head back to me slightly.

"Yes, actually, I am. And so are you." I pointed out.

"I'm a teenager." He corrected.

"Still technically a child though." I countered.

"No, I'm not!" Zuko shouted, stopping in his tracks to look at me.

"Ok, you big cry baby." I dismissed him with my hand as I walked past him.

"How does it feel knowing your brother and sister abandoned you?" Zuko spat.

"Excuse me?!" I yelled, stopping in my tracks.

"I'll just be over here." Iroh stated and got out of the line of fire.

"How does it feel? They just left you back there. They didn't even try to free you." Zuko said.

"They probably saw Iroh free me and figured that I was fine!" I defended my siblings.

"Really? Hmm, they didn't seem to think twice about leaving you." Zuko stated, pushing me to my breaking point.

"Alright, that's it!" I yelled as I bended some water from the river.

I created a column of ice and began sending razor sharp disks at Zuko, a few of them sliced his arms but he managed to dodge the rest of them.

"Ok, let's not seriously injure anyone!" Iroh yelled from the sidelines.

Zuko ran towards me, producing jets of fire from his hands that resembled blades. He swung his fists at me, narrowly missing my face with one of the fire blades but hitting my leg with another as I backflipped out of the way.

"Be careful!" Iroh told us.

Zuko's face was one of shock, I guess he wasn't expecting me to know anything about close combat fighting. In a fit of rage, I managed to pull some water from the air and created ice claws on the end of my fingers, and began swiping at Zuko, he dodged low and kicked my feet out from under me, sending me to the ground. He stood over me and shot a small blast of fire at my shoulder, I rolled out of the way but the flames scraped my skin, burning my shoulder. I pushed myself back up and lunged at him, digging my claws into his back and pulling them across his skin. He shoved me back with an elbow to my gut, winding my slightly, before he turned and kicked his leg towards me, sending a fire blast my way. I bended some more water from the river and splashed the fire, putting it out before it got to me and bringing the water back to me in an octopus form. Zuko was about to bend at me again when I got the idea to grab his hands and feet with the water so that he could not bend.

"That's not fair!" Zuko complained.

"All is fair in love and war. And this is war!" I yelled, keeping my octopus arms on Zuko's limbs.

Zuko smirked at me, and a wave of confusion washed over me before it was quickly replaced with realisation. I had forgotten about his mouth! Zuko sent a thin jet of fire towards me and I quickly ducked under it, feeling the heat above me.

"ALRIGHT! THAT'S ENOUGH!" Iroh suddenly yelled, scaring both of us.

I let the water fall to the ground, as I did; I was exhausted. I looked over at Zuko who was also laying on the ground, his arms were scratched up from the ice disks and he had blood running down his back from where I scratched him, I suddenly noticed the pain I was feeling in my leg and shoulder. I used some water to heal my burns before crawling over to Zuko and healing his back and arms.