➳𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦

"I'M NOT ONE TO COMPLAIN," Sokka starts. "But can't Appa fly any higher?" Kida looks back at him with a mixture of disbelief and annoyance, and Aang snaps at Sokka, clearly irritated by his comment.

The team has been flying for two straight days in search of the Northern Water Tribe, and needless to say, everyone was starting a little tired and cranky, as Katara points out in hopes of diffusing the tension.

"We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe!" Sokka groans. "There's nothing up here."

As though the universe wanted to prove him wrong, the previously calm water starts to form giant waves that solidify into ice, which causes Appa to panic and fly to avoid the obstacles. The team huddles together and clutches onto each other so as to not fall into the icy ocean below them, but soon enough, the water around Appa freezes him into place and a group of boats carrying groups of people surround them. Kida grabs her bow in anticipation of an ambush.

"They're waterbenders!" Katara exclaims in excitement. "We found the Water Tribe!"

Given that the possibility of an attack is ruled out, Kida lowers her weapon and notices that Sokka does the same with his boomerang.

"More like the Water Tribe found us," Kida jokes, but softly so only Sokka can hear. He chuckles next to her.

Then, the waterbenders escort the team to their tribe. Kida wasn't quite sure what she had expected to find here, but the reality was breathtaking: buildings at least 50 feet tall, made out of ice and carved with intricate patterns; bridges and canals that connected each corner of the city; and the most amazing part was that everything made possible with waterbending. The rest of the team is in awe, as well.

"We're finally here," Sokka declares, turning his head around to get a good look at the architecture.

"We'll find a master to teach us, no problem," Aang says to Katara, who is looking around in fascination.

"This place is beautiful," she observes.

Just then, a boat floats past them and someone on board catches Kida's eye: a girl with light brown skin, eyes as blue as icy water, and hair the colour of freshly fallen snow. Kida blushes at the sight of her and keeps her gaze fixed until the girl's boat passes under a bridge.

Yeah, Kida muses. She really is.

»»---------------------►

THAT NIGHT, the chief throws a feast in honor and celebration of the team's arrival.

"We also celebrate my daughter's sixteenth birthday!" Chief Arnook adds. Kida almost chokes on her food when she sees that the girl from earlier and the chief's daughter are the same person. "Princess Yue is now of marrying age!"

As Master Pakku and his students perform some waterbending routines, Yue moves to sit down next to Kida, on her right, who is in such shock once again that her sip of water goes down the wrong way and causes her to cough uncontrollably.

"Are you alright?" Yue asks, tilting her head in concern.

"Yeah," Kida assures. Her cheeks are flushed, and she's glad that the cold gives them a valid reason to be so. "I'm Kida," she introduces, offering a shy smile. Yue smiles back.

"I'm Yue," she replies, before a blush paints her cheeks. "Which you already knew, because my father just said...but, um, it's very nice to meet you. Kida is a pretty name."

"Oh, thanks. You have very eyes...I mean name! Yue is a very pretty name and so are you. I mean, it's really nice to meet you, too." Kida chuckles nervously. Yue laughs softly and Kida remains speechless, her heart fluttering.