➳ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴

BEFORE LONG, THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS HAD successfully taken down the Fire Nation Soldiers, with some help from Aang, Katara and Kida. Sokka had tried to attack a soldier or two, but someone had always beat him to the punch; literally.

Jet disarms the last soldier and turns around to face Aang, Katara, Sokka and Kida. Aang and Katara look at the boy with amazement, while Sokka seems almost as defeated as the soldiers. He hangs in the background, his arms crossed.

"You just took out an army almost single handedly," Aang states in awe.

"Army? There were only, like, twenty guys," Sokka dismisses.

"And how many did you fight, warrior boy?" Kida challenges. Jet looks between her and Sokka briefly, before focusing his attention back to Kida.

"I thought you would know better than to walk right into a Fire Nation camp," Jet challenges. He smirks and Kida rolls her eyes at him.

"Well, it wasn't exactly my call," she explains, gesturing to Sokka. "We were relying on instincts."

"Out here, that'll get you killed."

"You know I know that," Kida scoffs. "Like I said, it wasn't my choice."

"Wait, do you two know each other?" Aang wonders, tilting his head. Momo crawls onto his shoulder and does the same.

"Sure, we go way back," Jet answers.

He winks at Kida, and Sokka swears that this is the first time he's ever seen her flustered, but the moment passes quickly. Kida regains her composure. While she adjusts her knife to her belt, Jet introduces himself and the rest of the Freedom Fighters to the others. Once he's done, Jet turns back to Kida.

"I've been wondering when we'd see each other again," he states. He walks to stand directly in front of Kida, who tilts her head and smirks.

"Why, you miss me?" she offers.

"Eh, not really."

After a beat, the duo breaks into laughter and Jet pulls Kida in for a hug. Behind them, Sokka clears his throat.

"If you two are done with your heartfelt reunion, can we leave?"

"Why don't you guys stop by the hideout?" Jet suggests. When he sees Kida hesitate, he adds: "At least, for dinner."

"We could do dinner," Katara interrupts enthusiastically. Beside her, Aang nods. Sokka looks skeptical, but doesn't say anything.

Kida, now smiling, turns to Jet: "Lead the way," she says.

»»---------------------►

AFTER SHOWING AANG, KATARA, AND SOKKA around the hideout, the group finally sits down for dinner.

"Tonight, we celebrate another victory against the Fire Nation!" he starts, raising his cup in triumph. Jet stands at the head of the table, During his speech, Kida remembers why she was so captivated by Jet in the first place: his charisma and drive were ever present, especially in the way the crowd, including Aang and Katara, hold on to every word he says. "The Fire Nation thinks that they don't have to worry about a bunch of kids hiding in the trees...maybe they're right. Or, maybe, they're dead wrong," Jet continues. He then gestures to Aang and Katara who sit to his left. "I'd also like to welcome the Avatar and his friends." Jet shifts his gaze towards Kida, who is directly to his right. "And, of course, I'd like to welcome back Kida, without whom the Freedom Fighters wouldn't exist!"