Chapter 22: Threats

In the hustling nightlife of Coruscant, many continued with their lives and were unaware of the plots and schemes that were formed

In the hustling nightlife of Coruscant, many continued with their lives and were unaware of the plots and schemes that were formed. Deep into a famous bar, a group of thugs sat in a booth and drank with pride at the good job they had done so far in attacking senators.

Suddenly, a transmission was over and Count Dooku covered by a cloak with a hood appeared.

"I see senator Amidala hasn't given up her crusade"

The leader emptied his cup. "She doesn't have the votes, my lord. We've taken care of 20 senators"

"It may be time to send her a message as well"

"You want us to have a talk with her?"

"No. I think something special is called for in senator Amidala's case"

"We're all ears, boss. Take her out of the game. Oh and while you are at it, make sure to eradicate that Moorian as well"

====================================

Back in the main Senate buildings at the heart of the planet, the three allies were still in discussion over the plan.

"As long as senators are being threatened and attacked, I'm afraid we don't stand a chance" Padme said, growing desperate and worried as more and more people withdrew.

Bale grabbed both her shoulders, giving her a gentle squeeze to reassure and calm her down. "Intimidation won't work on everyone. Senator Farr is proof of that"

"Even so, we're still at least six votes short of a majority, and you saw how effective my plea was today"

Serene was watching the city illuminated by the lights from the giant glass window. Her back was turned on the duo, but she heard each and every word.

"Someone once told me. Some minds can't be altered no matter what they hear" she said and looked at her friends above her shoulder, her giant wings tucked behind.

Padme looked at her. "From my experience, it depends a great deal on who's sending the message"

"And what are you thinking?" the human male asked.

"Bail, you're the finest public speaker I know. If anyone can convince the senate that voting for this bill will bankrupt the Republic both financially and spiritually, it's you"

"It will be dangerous"

"I urge you to speak before the full senate"

"I'll need some time to prepare"

Serene smiled and turned her body, approaching them. "Padme. Try paying a visit to those who have not succumbed to the threat yet. I will try to do the same"

"It's a plan then"

==============================

Serene left the office of another Senator she had visited and she headed towards hers. Rubbing the back of her neck, she tried to get rid of the stiffness she had gotten from the stress. Lack of sleep and constant standing in the podium had started to take a toll on her body.

Of Lightsabers & Wings (Obi-wan x OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara