Chapter 4 - The Island

Early morning of the very next day, Serena had woken up the two Jedi before leading them into the forest

Early morning of the very next day, Serena had woken up the two Jedi before leading them into the forest. R2 had been left back on the mainland where the kids had found interest at him. He didn't mind the pettings and attention he was getting.

"And where exactly are we going?" Anakin asked as he pushed a giant leaf out of his way.

"Patience my padawan," Obi-wan said as he was walking in front of him. He then walked a little faster to be right behind their guide. "Where are we going exactly?" he asked her in a lower voice so his student wouldn't hear him.

She chuckled. "You will see" she replied and kept walking; her wings tugged on her back as she walked elegantly deep into the wilderness.

Soon enough, she brought them to a small body of water. A crystal lake with a small waterfall at the very right. The waters were almost transparent, and the same gems were at the bottom, glimmering under the sunlight.

What though got their attention was the unique and strange creatures flying around, drinking the freshwater and living in harmony.

"Wow," Anakin exclaimed as he took a good look at them. They seemed to be a combination of a crow, a bug, a turtle and a sea horse.

All were in different sizes with the adult being three times bigger than an average human. They have skin with scales in a colour mixture of grey, light black and grey-blue. The face resembled a bird with a beak that inside has small teeth to allow it to eat.

Their heads had some sort of scale which seemed rough and hard to the touch. The neck was made from loose muscles that create overlaps like the neck of a turtle. It has only two front legs, each with two fingers like structures; similar to those of an insect.

Its back body was becoming thinner towards the end, resembling the one of a bee or a flying insect. The wings were four and transparent, made from a membrane that seemed to reflect the colours of the rainbow.

Membrane like fins, having a transparent-rosy colour could be seen on the back of the legs and the back of the creature. Whiskers of the same body colour were sprouting from different parts of its body.