Chapter 14 - Jango Fett

The next morning Serene woke up first, her internal cloak placing the time around 7 in the morning

The next morning Serene woke up first, her internal cloak placing the time around 7 in the morning. She opened her grey eyes and a smile graced her lips when she noticed the peaceful sleeping form of Obi-wan by her side. She knew she had to get up but decided to spend a few more minutes to observe the man better.

His dirty blond hair seemed almost light brown under the low light and was unkempt, falling nicely on his forehead. She didn't fail to notice a single strand hanging from the middle in a cute manner. His lips were parted slightly, and his face seemed at peace. Many times, she had noticed the sadness he carried in those azure blue eyes of his; it was a nice change to see him relaxed for a change. Her hand subconsciously found his cheek and the back of her long fingers gently caressed it, careful not to wake him up or injure him with her slightly sharp nails.

She didn't understand how or why but this man drew her like an insect to the flame. There was a connection between them, a need to be by his side and protect him; shield him from all the suffering he is forced to endure. Yoda's words came to her mind and she immediately stopped what she was doing.

It's impossible, she told herself and left out a sigh before standing up. There is no bond there, it can't be.

Shaking her head, she passed a hand through her now curly hair and tried to untangle what she could. This is what happens when you sleep with wet hair.

She stood up from the bed and made her way to the living room, her ebony wings bein dragged behind her like the hem of an elegant dress. She made sure to put quite the distance between her and the man sleeping on the bed before grabbing her portable communication device. Pressing a button at the side, a hologram of Borrei appeared and he was not pleased.

"At last, you finally answered. Where are you?" he asked, his hands folding in front of his exposed chest.

"At Kamino. We were forced to stay overnight if we wanted to follow a possible lead. Will be back in a matter of hours"

"This is unacceptable. You were not sent there to run around on missions with Jedi! You have a duty and I am also forced to have one which you do not allow me to do"

She rolled her eyes. Sometimes her teacher could be overdramatic. "Is Daimon there?"

"I am here my lady," the skinny human man said as he also came into the picture.

"What has happened so far? Anyone wondering where I am?"

"No change so far my lady. There has been talking about the vote to be moved forward but there are many from your party to protest. Senator Amidala is still on Naboo and Senator Organa and Chancellor Palpatine asked of your whereabouts"

The Chancellor asking about me? Why?

"What did you tell them?"

"I simply told them that you had wished to resign in your apartment for security and that you would come when the time of the vote comes"