Chapter 5 - Unpleasant Encounters

It took them around an hour to find some parts they needed

It took them around an hour to find some parts they needed. R2 had already contacted them via their intercom to inform them of what exactly they needed. He and Anakin would get to work once they were back.

It was a fun hour, receiving many stares and whispers by the natives. However, they didn't last long and the normal routine continued. It was tricky for the two Jedi to find some parts and even trickier to bargain about them.

Money was of little use in the planet of Moor, most exchanges being a simple trade. Some fruits of your native land in exchange for the fruits of the Tundra land. Or in their case, some spare credits but most items, which Serene provided, and were happily accepted as payment.

Finally finished, both Obi-wan and Anakin had a satchel with some parts and equipment they would need. The leather bags were strapped across their shoulders and were making their way towards the end of the platform.

"Well, that was certainly fun. Don't you agree, Anakin?" The Master asked.

"It wasn't that bad" the Padawan replied and the trio joked around before a chill run down their spines.

The warm sun was covered by a big shadow and looking up, gasps escaped from many. The Pirate ship which had chased our two heroes had made their way into the planet and was about to land on their platform.

The wind from the machines caused a few crates and items to fly while everyone scattered away from the landing area. The two Jedi quickly hid behind a few stacked crates and had pulled Serene with them.

"Who are they?" she asked and turned to look at the duo.

"Yeah... remember how we got crushed? *she raises an eyebrow* well, they shot us down. They are pirates" Anakin exclaimed and his hand went to his lightsabre but Obi-wan stopped him by placing his hand on top of his.

"Not now Anakin. We cannot give away our position"

The Ship landed and the ramp started to descend before coming to a halt with a loud noise. Steps echoed through the now-dead silent area as men and some women of different species walked out, guns in their hands.

A red-skinned Devaronian with pitch-black eyes cleared his throat. He was dressed in black cargo pants and a black sleeveless shirt with two blasters at his sides.

"Look at this gentleman. Looks like a market to me" he joked, and some people laughed, one human pirate, kicked a basket filled with exotic fruits from the jungle region. "Now you see, I would pay for all the nice goodies you have...but I prefer taking" He lifted his right hand and motioned for his crew to walk forward, their guns ready.

One crewmate, a male Twi-lek with a nasty clawed scar on his purple face noticed a child from the jungle clan hiding. He grinned and grabbed the young boy by the horns, showing that the kid was no older than 6.

"Look at that boss," he said and lifted the kid up, earning a few struggles as the kid tried to free itself. The pirate rose a finger to touch his face, but the kid bit his finger, earning laughter from the rest of the crew.