Chapter 16 - Dooku & the Arena

Serene started to wake up, her body feeling sore

Serene started to wake up, her body feeling sore. She opened her grey eyes and noticed that she was in a cave, a dry and hollow cave...not cave but a room. She tried to move but she found herself unable to do so. Looking around her, she noticed that she was trapped in some sort of force field cell and she was suspended on the air.

Cuffs on her wrists and ankles held her there and trapped. Even her wings seemed to be immobilized. Another deeper groan made her turn her head more to the side and it was then she noticed the presence of another individual pressed against her back.

"Obi-wan?" she asked, and the sound of another groan confirmed it. He was also trapped in a similar way, their backs pressed and at the mercy of their captures. "Wake up Kenobi"

"Serene? ... What...what is going on?" he asked as he finally woke up, taking a good look at his surroundings as they were slowly spinning due to the field which held them trapped.

"Don't know. Last time I remembered we were under attack"

"Yes...they hit you and...are you okay?"

"Except being trapped here, I am just peachy," she said and blew a strand of her away from her face. "We have to get out of here. I just hope your message came through"

"Let's hope so"

Suddenly, the door to the room opened and Count Dooku walked in; all proud like some sort of peacock. She narrowed her eyes at the older man, the light of the room making them look almost golden.

"Traitor" Obi-wan spat.

Dooku stood a good few feet away from them. "Oh no, my friend. This is a mistake, a terrible mistake. They have gone too far, this is madness"

Serene scoffed. "I thought you were the leader here"

"This has nothing to do with me, I assure you both," The Count said and started to walk slowly around them, their eyes following him. "I will petition immediately to have you set free"

"Well, I hope it doesn't take too long. I have work to do" Obi-wan said and Serene smirked at the sassy comment of the Jedi.

"May I ask why a Jedi Knight and a Senator are all the way out here on Geonosis?"

"We have been tracking a bounty hunter named Jango Fett"

"He escaped and we had no time for stops other than following him...all the way here. Coincidence?" Serene said right after Obi-wan.

"Do you happen to know him?"

The count completed a full circle. "There are no bounty hunters here that I am aware of. The Geonosians don't trust them"

"Well, who can blame them? But he is here, I can assure you"

"It is a great pity that our paths have never crossed before, Obi-wan. Qui-gon always spoke very highly of you...I wish...I wish he was still alive. I could use his help right now"