Chapter 1

Prologue

 "Kira, get back here!" Connor yelled after his sister as she ran into the woods.

When she didn't even bother to slow down Connor jumped into action. He chased after her and caught up to her quickly, no surprise there. Being her older brother made it easy for him to reach her before she got into any major trouble. Grabbed from behind, Kira protested as her brother threw her over his shoulder and began to walk home.

"I only wanted to play." Kira grumbled while Connor remained silent and continued walking. 

Nearing their home, Connor set his sister down in front of him and bent down to eye level. 

"How many times do you have to be told not to go into the woods?" Kira dropped her head at his question. "I only wanted to play." She repeated.

Connor sighed loudly and grabbed her face to get her to look at him. "It's not safe Kira. You can't risk going too far in the woods and crossing into Hollow Peak territory." He could tell Kira wasn't understanding. Why would she? She was just a little girl, so innocent. She couldn't possibly begin to comprehend the danger of Hollow Peak. 

He of course could understood the danger. He knew of the murderers that just so happened to be next to their pack. He knew that their ruthless alpha had slaughtered two packs and showed no remorse towards it. Women and children were not even spared. Two whole packs. Destroyed. It didn't take a brain surgeon to know that if Kira had gone into Hollow Peak territory that she would have been killed.

"I'm sorry Connor." Kira's small voice made Connor's anger melt slightly. "Don't tell Daddy?" She quickly added with a hopeful smile.

Connor shook his head smiling at his 6 year old sister. "Only if you promise to stay away from those woods." He pointed in the direction of the trees. 

Kira nodded her head rapidly and crashed into her brother throwing her arms around him. "I'll stay away from the woods."

*******************************************************************************