Chapter 12

Kira Palmer

I woke up feeling movement around the room. I sat up curious as to what was happening.

"I didn't mean to wake you." Tyler caught my gaze.

"It's okay." I mumbled rubbing my eyes.

I watched as Tyler moved around the room getting himself fully ready for the day.

"You won't be here today?" I asked still not loving the sound of my morning voice.

Tyler kept himself busy packing a couple of things into a bag. "I'll be back late afternoon." He told me.

"Can I ask you a question?" I tried.

"About the pack history that you read about?" Tyler raised his eyebrow looking at me like I was busted.

"No." I replied not getting into it.

"Is it a question I'll answer?" Tyler finally stopped what he was doing and gave me his full attention.

"It's more of a proposition than a question actually." I confessed.

"Well let's hear it." I smiled that he was at least willing to listen to me.

"I know you're dead set on keeping John as my guard but..."

"No buts, John is your guard." Tyler shut me down before I could finish.

"I know you won't change your mind on that." I assured him. "I just thought that maybe you could allow Max or Logan to stay with me as well, John will still be there so you won't have to worry about me getting into trouble because he doesn't let me do anything anyway and I'll have someone to actually have a conversation with...." I continued to blab on hardly hearing what Tyler said next.

"Fine."

"Come on! Okay I know I screwed up by jumping out of a window and ending up in the stupid cells and I know I was supposed to stay in the house but I wanted to shop and I'm sorry did you just say fine?"

"I did." Tyler smirked at my reaction.

"Why?" I blurted staring at him with wide eyes.

"Do you want me to say no?" He seemed confused and spoke slowly.

"No!" I jumped up.

"I'll send Max, Logan is my beta he can't afford to be distracted." I understood that Logan had bigger things to handle than simply just being a guard.

I smiled and nodded. "Thank you." I told him sincerely.

"Are you planning on going back to the library?" Tyler smirked bringing it up for the second time.

"Wow you're really stuck on that aren't you?" I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face.

"Just curious about your intentions behind it." I walked towards the bedroom door ready to go downstairs.

"You'll have your secrets and I'll have mine." I felt a rush of confidence come over me as I pulled the door open and went down the steps.

I walked into the kitchen to see John already sitting at the counter.

"Morning."

"Max is on his way." John told me as I scoped out my breakfast options.

"Cool." I nodded. I settled for frosted flakes and began pouring milk into the bowl when I heard Tyler's footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Alpha." John acknowledged.

Tyler simply nodded and moved next to me. "I'll be back around 3." He told me taking the milk out of my hands and drinking from it.