Chapter 20: Love and Strength

MY MIGHTY FATHER, God of Heaven,

Give me wisdom and strength.

Today marks the first month since the email that circulated around the office tainted my name and shamed my reputation. Sa totoo lang po, I'm still curious who did it and why someone is so strongly against me. You know, Lord, that at the first few days since I found out about it, I'm crying in anger. I was thinking that once the culprit was unmasked, I don't know if I can forgive.

Pero nitong mga nakaraang araw, Panginoon, sa nangyaring mission na kasama si Terrence, hindi ko akalain na kaya po pala naming patawarin si Minnah. Actually, Lord, I never felt anger towards her... kahit no'ng under surveillance pa siya. I didn't feel any fear that she can harm or seduce my husband. Aside from I have confidence in Terrence as a man of God, I didn't feel being jealous with Minnah even though they were in love in the past once.

Nagtataka na nga rin po ako kung bakit wala akong threat na naramdaman. But I know one thing's for sure, I have that unbelievable peace because of You, God. You gave me strength to ignore my doubts, be more trusting in You to be able give compassion and grace, instead.

Is this character development for me, my Lord? Oh! I want to believe so. I know that not all women can be this secure when it comes to their love lives, but thank You, Lord. Knowing you and having a personal relationship with you (bonus na pong pati si Terrence ay sa'yo lang din nakakapit), I was able to understand where my real security and strength to be confident lies—sa Inyo lang po.

Terrence's faithfulness gives me peace, as well. His lifetime commitment with me is his lifetime commitment to You. Kaya po tapat ang pagmamahal niya sa'kin dahil unang-una pong tapat ang pananampalataya niya sa Inyo.

And I never thought I'll say this but that's the true kilig I would always want to feel.

Sana po mas marami pang lalaki ang lumapit sa Inyo, Panginoon. That once they received Jesus in their lives, You can empower them, give them the wisdom and strength they need to be a faithful man of God.

Alam ko pong sa panahon ngayon, mas maraming lalaki ang kailangang mag-stand to glorify your name, Lord. Alam kong mas maraming lalaki ngayon ang kailangan ng tamang gabay mula sa inyo, to be a good example of an honest leader—sa pamilya nila, sa mga asawa nila, sa trabaho nila, at kung saan Niyo pa po silang planong gamitin.

Last night, Terrence shared his devotion highlight to me. I was refreshed with the word You reminded him;

In 1 John 2:15, "Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you."

In my current social status and wealth, Lord, it is easy for me to seek revenge against the person/s behind the email. In this world, I have all the right to get angry and punish all the people who believed in that rumor and persecuted me easily. Who would not love that? To get even?

But this verse struck so hard. I can't love revenge. I can't love the rights that this world dictates. I can't love my pride and anger.... Because I already love You.

You are the love that patiently waited for me to come back to You. Your lovingkindness must reflect in me if I truly love You.

You're not just a god that I worship, but You are the God that I have a deep relationship with.