Chapter 4: Persistent Love

"MY MIGHTY Father in heaven, glorious above all, I praise You.

"I'm so grateful of how you turned my life so great here in Paris. Walang mag-aakalang napakadami at napakabigat ng nangyari sa'kin sa nakalipas na mga taon. I was also surprised to see myself right now, Lord. Ang layo sa nasaktan at sa nawalan. Napakasaya po ng puso ko sa Inyo.

"Although it's hard to be miles away from my husband, Terrence, You provided us with so much ways to stay connected. We rarely talk now because of the demands of our work, yet still, You continuously protect our love and marriage.

"By grace, You gave me people like Tita Gena, my Dgroup members, and my Sunday school students to learn more a lot about You, God.

"You also gave me my work, my team, plus bringing back Addie and Soleil. You are teaching me how to be more intentional, patient, and more loving to them. Kahit ang sarap sumakal na lang minsan.

"Although, I still make mistakes and hasty decisions, You are not giving me difficult situations more than I can handle with the help of Your spirit.

"And all of these learnings... I'll be honest with You, my God. I know You probably know it, but I'll say it anyway... All these things that I'm learning, I know that you are making me equipped. It felt like... and well... I believe that you are preparing me for some big test.

"Lagi naman pong ganoon, hindi po ba? After the learning, the application... The tests... The challenges to test my faith and produce perseverance...

"I'm kind of afraid, Lord. I don't want to feel another kind of pain again, whatever it is...

"Pero kung hindi naman ako masasaktan, paano ako lalago?

"Paano mas magiging matibay ang paniniwala ko, kung hindi susubukin?

"Paano ako mas madi-disiplina?

"How would I practice further the love and faith that I profess, if not for the coming trials?

"Alam ko po 'to lahat pero mas nangingibabaw pa din ang takot ko. Sometimes, I tend to overthink, anong pagsubok kaya ang ibibigay Niyo kaya hinahanda Niyo 'ko ng ganito? I'm learning so much from my personal relationship with You. And I know it won' t stop there...

"But, Lord, let me surrender this fear to you. Help me submit. Make me follow You. Because I don't want to wake up in fear, overthinking, and questions. I want to live in faith, peace of mind, and Your never ending love and grace.

"Help me, Lord. Always make me remember that whatever happens, my identity and worth is already in Jesus Christ. That what He did on the cross was enough to save me. Because He won over death, victory is also mine already.

"Kung saan Niyo man po ako hinahanda, help me not to worry. Dahil kay Jesus, hindi pa man nag-uumpisa ang laban, matagal na 'kong panalo.

Eunice opened her eyes after she recorded her quiet time realizations. Napangiti siya at in-upload iyon sa isang listening app sa kanyang phone.

The app is called "Akouo". Doon niya inilalagay ang ilang recordings para mapakinggan din ni Terrence. It's like a social media platform that instead of reading or watching, you listen instead. Eunice and Terrence are following each other's account. Dahil madalas nagre-record ng kanta ang asawa niya doon para sa kanya.