Chapter 20- Lights&Trees

Mindy 's POV

I woke up from my nap to Harry sitting ontop of the hood of the car. I got out of the car to sit right next to him.

"I thought we were going to the movies?" I asked him. "Well, I had a better idea. This place was a childhood favorite, it's a small park with lights in the trees."

"It's beautiful! Can we go in?" I asked excitedly. "Of course! Lets go!"

After Harry paid for our tickets, we walked in and already there were colorful lights in the trees. It was a gorgeous sight.

"Would you like me to take a picture of you two?" The employee photographer asked. "Sure!" Harry said.

"Okay, turn around so we can get the the lights in the background, and smile!" The photographer said.

I looked at the camera and smiled.

"Aww, the picture is so cute! You guys are a cute couple. " she said. "Oh, we aren't a--" I started. "Thanks. Where do we go to get the picture? "Harry interrupted me. "There is a booth right before the exit. Just stop on by and pay for your pictures and you will have this lasting memory for the rest of your life. " she smiled. I nodded and we thanked her and continued our way.

Harry's POV

We started to walk through the lights and just had small talk. I could tell that she really likes these lights. I don't blame her. I went here everything I came to the lake.

"Have the boys been here before?" Mindy asked. "Yeah they have!" I told her. "That's so cute. " she said. "What's so cute?" I asked her confusingly. "You boys, you guys have the cutest friendship." She stated.

"Well we all are already cute individually, add us together, and it's a parade of cuteness. It just isn't fair. " I smiled.

"Getting cocky,eh?" She laughed.

"So I still haven't started writing my paper on you yet." She said sadly. "Why are you sad about that?" I asked.

"I don't know, I'm just usually on top of things. But so much have happened lately, I don't even have time." She explained.

"No worries! We have a couple more weeks till we turn it in! And by then, we'll know more about each other." I explained to her. She started to feel better. "Yeah you're right. " she smiled.

Mindy's POV

It's so easy to talk to Harry. I don't see why Matt and his friends say he's so weird and stuff. I guess the only thing I can agree is that he is a bit dorky. But it's the cute kind of dorky.

"Hey look! It's the Panem tree!" Harry explained excitedly. "What's the Panem tree?" I asked. "It's like the best tree out of all of them because we are able to climb it!" He exclaimed.

"Isn't it a bit dangerous!" I yelled. "No! I've never gotten hurt from it. And I've been here many times. " Harry stated.

"Okay. Ill sit and watch while you climb the tree. " I told him as I went and found a bench.

"No way! You HAVE to come and climb with me! "Harry exclaimed childishly.

"I don't have the shoes! And what if I fall?" I exclaimed. "Don't worry, I'll catch you." He smiled cutely. "Okay, Styles, my life is in your hands, if I die, so will you." I stated. "No problem."

We began to climb the tree. It was actually really fun. Harry held my hand the whole time so I wouldn't fall.

"Okay. Lets be dare devils and see who can climb faster. " Harry suggested. "Are you crazy?" I exclaimed as I punched him. "Ow! C'mon it'll be fun! " he said.

"Ugh okay. I get a head start!" I screamed as I started climbing. Harry quickly got to my pace. I lightly pushed him so I could beat him. "Hey!" He exclaimed. I laughed.

I took another step, but that part had a loose peice so I slipped and screamed. "Ahh!"

"Mindy!" Harry yelled as he caught me just in time.

"Oh my gosh. " I said shakingly. " I told you I'd catch you. " he winked.  

I punched him again.

"Okay, let's get down before Ms. Clumsy falls again. " Harry chuckled.

He held my hand all the way down to the floor.

"Okay I think we had enough fun for a night. "He said. "You ready to go home?" He asked me. I nodded.

He put his jacket around me and I did the most surprising thing ever.

I kissed him. He kissed me back. And we stood there for a while. Then the Panem tree lights turned on.

I let go and smiled. "Thanks for an amazing time, Harry." "No problem, Mindy." He smiled as he kissed my cheek.

We continued to walk hand in hand. Then I stopped. "How did the lights turn on? There were no lights. I'm sure there wasn't. " I stated.

Then I heard chuckles coming from behind us. They sounded familiar.

I turned around. "Are the boys here?" I asked. Harry smiled. "Why would they be here?"

"Hmm. I don't know. Lets go. "

Wait! "We need to stop by and get our photo! Harry exclaimed. I nodded.

Harry gave the woman our photo card number and she printed out our picture. She handed it to me.

It was the cutest picture I've ever seen.

The lights and trees behind us. I was looking at the camera and Harry was looking at me.