You never know: Seth

Pain. There's pain. The light hurts, my ears are ringing. The clocks ticking feels like a billion arrows through my skull. Where am I? Memories flash through my head, showing my whole life in bits.

The blue cake at my sixth birthday. The honor roll certificate from fifth grade. Falling down to the ground, my books scattered as they laughed in middle school. A tech meeting in high school. Standing in the corner at a party in collage.

More recent memories are a flooding my senses. Joining mindcrack. Meeting Etho. Falling for Etho. Making out in a closet. Making out some more. Pretending like it didn't happen. Pyro and I falling down the stairs. Kissing Etho in that dream. I'm Seth. I'm Seth. I'm Seth and I love Etho.

The realization of that causes me to search the room for clues. I see a note taped to the clock in the room, written in big sloppy letters:

"I hate this goddamn clock. If it ends up broken I'm sorry. I can't take waiting anymore, this clock is making the pain worse.
-Etho"

Etho. Etho. Etho. The name feels heavy on my tounge. He was waiting. He was in pain. He hates the damn clock as much as I do. I start to swing my legs over and walk away but my arm is leashed to an IV. I'm in the hospital. I clench my teeth and pull the needle out of my hand. I shiver. I hate needles. I pluck the note off the clock neatly, not even tearing the tape. Etho.

I see another note, this time on a small wooden door.

"I doubt you'll ever see this since it would mean I'm not here at your side, but I'm at the convention, Guude forced me to go.
-Etho"

There was a date in the right hand corner and I scramble for a calendar. My head is pounding but Etho was waiting. He was somewhere I wasn't. My heart rate monitor was wildly beeping but I didn't care. I had ripped it off so I'm sure one of the nurse will rush in and help me. The date matches. The time was only ten minutes ago. I just missed him. He might even still be here!

I rush out the door and crash into a group of worried people rushing towards me with a cart.

"That's patient 202! He's fine!" Someone pointed to me and I nodded.

"Put the cart away and get the psychologist. John should be around here somewhere." The man helped me up and gently led me back to the room. I of course protested but he threatened to have me tranquilized. I couldn't do that to Etho.

"Your boyfriend is really attached to you, even more so than those other two. The Irish kid and uh what's his name." The doctor sat me down on the bed and did the usual checking.

"I don't- oh Etho! Wow what was he doing?" I was thinking out loud at this point.

"He wouldn't leave your side. I'm surprised you remember who it was." I show him the notes "hmm, I'm guessing you were trying to run after him?" I nod and a nurse comes in leading an old man into a chair.

"He seems quite in check, everything is normal physically. Just see what you think" the doctor says to the man.

"So what's your name?" He man asks.

"Seth"

"Do you remember why you are here?"

"Yeah. I fell"

"It was quite a fall, you shouldn't be completely fine honestly." He looked at me with a thoughtful expression. "Hold up your arms, don't let me push them down." I do as he says and he just is pushing against my limbs seeing if I can resist. "Good. Say 'aluminum foil'"

"Awun- alum- aluman- alumanmmm-" it was odd, I couldn't get it to come out right. I was getting frustrated.

"It's alright. Take it easy. That's nothing some speech therapy and time can't fix. Honestly you got very lucky, you could have been paralyzed." He continued to stare at me.

"You seem fine other than a slight speech impediment. I think you should be realeased. If anything it would be good for you to go back to doing whatever it is you do." The psychologist looked at the doctor expectantly.

"Who should we call? They didn't leave any numbers." I immediately think of Chad. If this plan was going to work, I needed someone like him to complete it.

"Could I call? I know the number!" I grabbed the phone without waiting for a reply and dialed Chads cell.

"Hello?"

"Hey Chad. I need you to come get me I have a plan."

"Yeah sure I'll be right there"

"Thank you!" I hang up and the doctors looking at me funny.

"Chad? The red haired one?" I nod.

"He's the one we had to move. He wouldn't stop making out with the other guy." He added sheepishly. Wait was Chad kissing Etho? No that doesn't seem right. I'm missing something. "He was a strange one, insisted on wearing a red fez." Oh it was Vechs. That's hysterical. I started laughing. I continued to laugh for the next fifteen minutes, until someone entered the room.

"What's so funny?" Chad piped.

"You!" I pointed at him and he looked confused. "Never mind that let's go!"

_\|/_ At the convention

"I could walk you up on the stage." Chad suggests and I nod.

"I can't wait to see the look on Ethos face."
Etho. Etho. I love Etho.

The crowd goes deathly silent. Etho looks around and as soon as his eyes meet mine he takes off sprinting and tackles me into a hug. He was talking but all I register is his embrace. I mumble something and we walk up on the front of the stage, hands intertwined. The crowd goes wild. Everything is a blur. I reach up and grab his face and pull it down to mine. We kiss in front of the crowd, not caring about anything else. A few people were uncomfortable but for the most part they were grinning with us, applauding us.

Pyro and Pause joined us, followed by Vechs and Chad. The crowd was going wild now, nothing could stop them. A few other pairs joined in on our public display, and a lot of the crowd was hysterical snapping pictures and fangirling. This was the best moment of the year. Maybe even of my life.

{[( ok, I think this might be the end of the story... I don't know if I should add more to it. It's up in the air for now. I've written like five chapters in twenty four hours. And I'm publishing them almost all at once bc I'm not mean. But if say like this reaches a whole bunch of people and it's liked I may do a sequel/ part two. For now I won't mark this as completed, but know that I'll need at least a few people that want more for me to publish a part two. I may even be mean and write a whole sequel but not publish it here or at all till people beg for it. Hehe. I'm sorta mean... But hey its a good stopping point for this book since if I continued any longer Id be obligated to finish that plot! Anyway, thanks for reading. I'm thinking about doing a side book of random ships between the MindCrack crew or of just YouTuber ships in general. Tell me of any ship ideas you have and I'm not going to make all of them romantic... Just tiny stories (of friendship)! But it's up to you guys for prompts cuz I suck at pairing people. I mean there's Dan and Ant (caveman and antvenom: ship name cavenom credits to Steph for that) byes! :) )]}