Wake up: Etho

WARNING: possible nightmare trigger, injury/ stress trigger, slight content warn because of Vechs and Chad!

Please! No!

I awoke, my shirt stuck to my chest with sweat, the sheets tangled at my feet. My head coverings nowhere to be found. I hate these nightmares. I glance over to Seth's bed and see that it's empty. Whatever, must have gotten up to get a midnight snack. I swim my legs over the side of the bed and step down with a groan. I took a step to the door and my foot landed on a warm hand. I trace the arm back to the owner.

Sprawled on the floor was Seth. That's odd. I bend down and tap his shoulder lightly. Sethhhh, c'mon man wake up. He doesn't respond. I check his pulse on instinct, finding that his heart was still beating. His breathing was shallow, but not anything to be worried about. He actually looked quite peaceful.

I had no idea why he would be passed out on the floor. He doesn't smell like he had been drinking, and he doesn't look sick. I lean down closer and start shaking his shoulders. "Wake up" I whisper close to him. I hear his breathing pattern change and I know he's at least semi awake. I say it a little louder and he flinches.

"Ethoee" his words are slurred and I can't help but feel worried about him. When people can't talk right something's wrong. He isn't drunk.

Something's wrong, something's wrong! Do something, do something!

The voice in the back of my mind is silenced when Seth clumsily grabs my neck and pulls me to him. He somehow managed to pull me into a kiss, and I can't help but cave into it. It was short and clumsy. I'm pulled down on top of him before he goes limp. I can't move either but the voice in the back of my head is screaming.

This is wrong! Do something! You idiot do something! Something's wrong with Seth! Do something! He's sick or hurt! Do something! He could die! Do something!

"Seth!?" I manage to cry out "Seth! Get off!" His eyes are filled with confusion.

"Seth needs to go away you're mine." He mutters this while his eyes drift closed. He doesn't know who he is. Shit. Do something Etho! Get your goddamn brain together! But I couldn't. Not with Seth under me. The door opens to a harried looking Pause. Behind him is a stranger carrying a limp Pyro. My brain spins with déjà vu as I recognize where I've seen the stranger before. The airport.

"Etho? The fuck-wha-agh-pyro-Seth!" Pause is stuttering and the stranger behind him has his mouth hanging open.

"Pause? You didn't tell me Etho was here! Never mind for know we gotta take them somewhere!" I recognize the slight southern accent now and realize It was Vechs.

"I-he woke up and uh-" I stuttered quickly pulling away from him.

"I don't really care right now. Pyro is unconscious too. They fell down the stairs and then pyro started acting weird. We need to get them to the hospital." Pause was talking like an auctioneer, not stoping to take a breath till he finished. The words were swirling around in my stomach. They fell down the stairs. The panic grew into a raging animal and I scooped up Seth, carrying the smaller man bridal style, not giving a fuck how it must have looked. Seth was hurt. Seth needed help. Seth needed me to help him.

Vechs raised an eyebrow before handing the limp pyro to pause and led the way. We were stopped however by the peppy Chad.

"What's going on? Oh my god Vechs I didn't know you were going to be here!" He started to rush towards him but stopped halfway and awkwardly rubbed the back of his head.

"I didn't either and it's pretty obvious what's going on, we are in a hurry." Vechs said already starting to unlock the front door. Chad wordlessly nodded and followed us out the door.