First Contraptions: Etho

About a week after giving Seth the tour I got a message on skype.

Seth: are you up to working on something?
Seth: that is if you decided against having an all out redstone war with me
I thought for a few seconds. I haven't really done a collab with anybody lately aside from the tour. What was there to loose? I still didn't want to work with a potential enemy but oh well. But I will have to retain this unfriendly act still. Won't hurt him much. Honestly, I just want to keep my standing.

Me: fine, meet me at my base in an hour out of game time.
Seth: sounds like a deal to me

I ate a quick breakfast and hurried back to my desk of monitors and gadgets. Even if I wasn't trying to be nice, being late could ruin my reputation in general.

\|/&\|/&\|/&\|/&\|/&\|/&\|/&\|/&\|/

"One more loop to go!" Seth's cheery voice seemed to get less annoying and more admirable over time. Wait I did not just say that about my enemy. Then again, he really does have some skills. I watch as he configures the last of the routes for the food.

"Aaaaaand the sugar should be getting here swiftly for the people to enjoy their sweets!" I suppressed a giggle, yes a giggle, at the way he said 'and'. It was kinda funny the way he drew out the first part and then abruptly said the second half.

I hear the sound of a button being pressed and the click of the droppers dropping for randomization and delivery. The goal is to make it so you get a full meal that is at twenty hunger points, to fill up your bar, but also keeping it random. It also was like an actual meal with all the different components.

I saw a steak, a slice of bread, two potatoes, a golden apple, and finally some sort of sky blue potion that ended up being speed.

"Yay! It works! Nice job Seth!" I say before I can filter out my kind remark. This was a break in the recording while we debugged it. My plans always fail when it involves me keeping my mind set.

"Uhh thanks?" Seth questioned. He had just tried the system again and it really does work. It always gives one meat item, one or more vegetable and fruit items, one bread loaf, a dessert and of course water, milk, or a potion for a drink.

"Etho?" Seth piped.

"Hmm?"

"Why are you nice now?"

"Because I wanted to be." I lied. I don't really know to be honest. There's just something about Seth that I can't put a finger on.

"Alright then. So no more 'I'm gonna defend my position' now?"

"No more I guess. Still no promises but if we are ally's there's nothing to worry about Seth." I answered semi-truthfully. I don't think I will ever not be his ally. There must just be a like-able aura to him, especially since I don't want to stop the recording and thus the skype call.

"Oh."