I hate Clocks: Etho

Warning: stressful situation trigger and the hatred of clocks! Also lyrics again! Sorry!

I walked to the new room somberly, my hand in Seth's as the nurse rolled the bed. We had a small little parade going, the doctor followed by Pyro's float, Seth's after Pyro's and Vechs and Chad were the marching band trailing behind barely able to keep to themselves.

The room they put us in was a bit bigger, and had several more chairs and even a bed. Vechs and Chad left, most likely to tell the others the situation and so they could hang out some more. Pause and I crashed on the bed, not caring about the circumstances. I had a dreamless sleep.

"Pyro, it's me. It's Pause." I hear Pauses voice crack. He was leaning over Pyro, who was now sitting up and awake.

"I'm Pyro? That doesn't seem right. Where am I?" I hear Pyro croak, his voice most definitely lost.

"It's alright, the nurse is coming." Pause was gripping his hands. Suddenly I feel a dagger in my chest when I look over at Seth. He's still asleep. I dash over to his bed. Wake up man, wake up. It's been a full day now since he's been out. I shake his shoulders like I did the first time. No response. I beg him to wake up. No response. I slap him. No response. The only thing I can think to do is pull a Disney. I kiss him, knowing it was stupid but I might as well try. No response.

I shuffle back to the recliner, my head in my hands. I've been trying to wake him up. Every hour. The clock is driving me insane, giving me stupid impulses. The ticking of the mechanism breaks the would be silence. It falls into beat with the two machines creating a maddening melody. It's just a countdown in seconds of when he will wake up. I know he will. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

_\|/_ another day passes

Pause had already taken Pyro back to the house, his memory slowly returning. I just stare at Seth for hours, letting that clock continue wearing down my nerves. Tick-tock, the man you love is on this clock, tick-tock.

_\|/_ it's the day before the convention.

"You should go Etho, you've been cooped up in here for almost a week dude. He would have wanted you to go and have fun." Guude's voice overlays the rhythmic ticking.

Tick tock, wake up, wake up
Tick tock, the man you love is on this clock
Tick tock, you can't make it stop.

I glance over at Seth. He would want this. But I'm staying till the last minute. "Fine. You can pick me up before it starts."

_\|/_ day of the convention

I get ready in the small hospital bathroom, trying to make myself presentable. It's six in the morning says the clock. That goddamn clock.

I hear a few people shuffle into the dim room and I grab my bag and gently give Seth a kiss before leaving for the convention.

"I will see you later."

_\|/_ minutes before the panel starts

Vechs and I are backstage, with Chad who isn't actually a part of mindcrack yet but may be soon. Chad pulls out his ringing phone.

"Hello?" He speaks "yeah sure I'll be right there!" He breaks into a grin and darts off. I wonder where he would be going. It doesn't matter. I adjust my mic nervously, feeling almost naked without my usual coverings. I hear Guude start the introduction and then Vechs name is called. He walks out and bows to the crowd which is running wild over the man. When my name is called my heart stops. Then it's pounding like crazy and I numbly walk onto the stage. There is a roaring applause, louder than the standing ovation for Vechs. I smile grimly, wanting to have someone at my side.

We take our seats and let the panel begin. I'm seated to the side of Pyro, him sandwiched in between me and Pause. We start the panel, the crowd never going quiet. Guude had already explained that Vechs and I wouldn't be taking any questions unless we wanted to so I sat there.

It was two hours and I've only made it through the first half. Even though I hate that damn devil clock I miss it's ticking, reassuring me time is still moving. The low buzz of noise suddenly died down and look at the other MindCrackers who are looking to the right side of the stage. Standing there is Seth, a goofy grin on his face as he peeps out from behind Chad.

I couldn't help it, my feet moved of their own accord and I practically sprinted to Seth and I nearly tackled him in a hug.

"You merciless man, why did you wake up? Not that I'm not glad you are awake!" My face paled as I realized where I was, what I said with the mic still on. Seth sill had on his goofy grin.

"True loves kiss eh? I woke up minutes after you left. Chad picked me up and told me everything on the way." He whispered this in my ear and I couldn't help but laugh and cry at the same time.

But God can be funny
At a cocktail party when listening to a good God-themed joke, or
Or when the crazies say He hates us
And they get so red in the head you think they're 'bout to choke
God can be funny,
When told he'll give you money if you just pray the right way
And when presented like a genie who does magic like Houdini
Or grants wishes like Jiminy Cricket and Santa Claus
God can be so hilarious
Ha ha
Ha ha