Chapter 19 - Three letters - M O B

Mexico.

                          Saturday,  Nine p.m.

              5 days ago before Thanksgiving

         He was seated in the dark, alone, behind a mahogany desk, staring unseeingly out of the dusty office window at the city lights of Mexico. He was a man who was at home in a dozen capitals of the world, but Mexico was his land, his territory.

     He had a patience of a hunter, but right now he's on the edge. He had already given the facia bruta a chance---he had given him plenty of time to fix this mess, but now his time had run out.

         The office filled with a sickly sweet smell of his tobacco as he lighted the flimsy leaf and held it between his teeth. The door opened and his eyes flew to the man standing at the doorway.

          "Good evening, Sir," his man, Manuel, greeted in Spanish. "Yo situado, Xander."

        His eyes flashed gladly to the news. It was the appropriate news he needed right now. About fucking time.

         "Bueno. Donde esta?" Good. Where is he?

         "En New Jersey," Manuel answered.

        "En su tierra natal?" He almost laughed. The fuckwad is really naive. Ignorant. Estupido. How did he trusted the kid and yield him the funds for the drugs?

         "Si, Senor."

        "Bring him to me."

       Manuel did not speak for a second until he moved closer to the table. "Tenemos un problema, senor."

        His eyebrows arched at his statement. "What could be that problem, Manuel. Same rules apply: kill everyone who comes our way."

        Manuel did not meet him in the eye. Instead, he stared down at the floor and said, "It seems he's connected to Mr. Mikhail Thorne."

         Never, in his messed-up life, did he expect to hear that name again.

      Leaning over the table, he drew out his tobacco from his teeth and crushed the tip into the ashtray. He crossed over his fingers above the desk. "Is this confirmed?"

         "Yes, senor, though I think they're not very close."

       Inhaling deeply, he leaned back and savored the lingering musky smell of the tobacco. The connection can be both a good and a bad thing. But mostly, it's bad. Hardlord, huh? It's been a long time.

        "Gather the men. We need to get a hold of that kid," he said. He stood  up and faced the windows. "Then let's stop by and say hello to my motherfucking hermano."

        His brother.

So I have introduced another character. If u read the blurb you'll get a clue who he is. And let me tell you--he will stay for long. Probably much longer than Xander. *wink

:) Feedbacks? Comments? Violent reactions? Lol

Don't forget to vote!

And oh! The photo? yep that's him.