Chapter 14: Unleashing the Power

*Gwaine's perspective, arriving at the battle camps*

           We were installing the war tents and other necessities for the war, we prepared the first aid area and provisions. Everyone was rushing everywhere but it was still quite organised. I was impressed. These soldiers had been preparing for over a month, war plans had been set in place, everything was chaotic but in an organised way. It was night-time. I helped with a little extra training for a few soldiers, I didn't help in a way that could kill my men, I helped them in a way they could defend themselves. I didn't feel welcome but then I knew I wouldn't feel welcomed into my own camps with the men that trained me or fought alongside me. The one thing I was certain of: I couldn't afford to be seen by Claribelian knights or nobles before the war or else they would definitely change their battle plans.

           Although there was a high probability of them having been changed, I couldn't risk it, especially over such little time. Luna was helping with the first aid then with the food, she aided by cooking some extra food that looked more nutritious and energising than the food served by the actual war cook. Jania helped with building some more camp settlements and her men helped sharpen a few more swords or make more arrows. Everything was being double-checked. Every blade, every armour, every tackle, all the horses, the list went on and on.

           We could see the battlefield from our camps, it was the same battlefield where the previous war had happened, nothing had really grown over the years, it was a mass destruction and even most of nature had died. There used to be great plains of tall green grass and patches of trees, or so the books say. All of that was gone, the grass wasn't too tall, it only came up to my knees on some occasions and there was only a small patch of trees near our camp, big enough to have a small camp of no importance but even that patch would probably die, it survived the first bloodshed but it probably wouldn't this time.

           The moon was barely visible and the skies were a little cloudy so there wasn't much lighting other than the torches of our camps. After finishing up a few preparations, we had gone to eat to fill up our hungered stomachs from constantly working and preparing. Jania, Luna and I were then called to the Royal's army tent.

           We were revising our placements once more, the Princess had accompanied us and this was the last night she would stay, after this, she would be riding back to the stronghold for safety. I mostly concentrated on everything but I noticed Luna was glaring right at me with a visible frown, I got confused. Then I realised that Princess Caroline was standing close to me in a flirtatious way. She wasn't glaring at me, she was glaring and frowning at Caroline. I couldn't help but let off a slight smile because of my amusement. Was that jealousy I sensed? I wanted to chuckle but it wasn't the right time so I kept it in. When everything was finished, we all left the tent, Caroline included. She was going to mount her horse to depart. Just as I was about to call out Luna, Caroline approached me once more:

-Good evening, Prince of Claribel.

She spoke with an innocent yet flirtatious voice. I was a little disturbed.