Chapter 7: Secrets Revealed

We slowly made our way down the hills, following the woman. I felt extremely nervous and I could see that Gwaine felt the same, however, he was more on guard and composed than I was. I had told him to relax but he just shrugged. I should have told myself that. I looked back ahead to where we were heading and thought that Gwaine didn't seem as arrogant and cocky as I had always thought he was. Maybe he was just blinded by his royalty or maybe he truly had a change of heart. Either way, I was sort of glad that he changed into a better person and was on this journey with me. Whilst we steadily approached the various styled homes of the people, gazes and whispers were setting upon us.

           Of course, they would have their curiosity grow, they never saw us before and no one should be able to find Yazralon yet here we were, being brought to the castle. We were approaching the enormous gates held by magnificent white pillars of stone in which wondrous carvings were made visible. The great wooden doors opened before us, revealing an enormous plaza filled with flowers, pathways and a great dark ash coloured tree in the centre. Behind this tree laid stairs leading up to another great door. As we grew closer, those doors opened wide. My eyes were blessed with the radiant beauty of a woman standing tall, waiting for our arrival. When we were close enough, she demanded to the leader:

-Where did you find them, Jania?

-I found them in the outer forest, your Majesty.

-The outer forest? I gave out the order to kill anyone who dares to approach our borders!

-I know your Majesty, I hope you can forgive me. However, the female intruder said her name was Luna of Nightenghale...

Her eyes grew wide in surprise, and people that were already within these walls started to whisper frantically and grew curious. The woman who was surely the Queen of Yazralon due to Jania's politeness and honorific giving silenced them before looking our way. She started to walk down swiftly those great stairs while we were ordered to dismount and kneel before her as she performed her gracious arrival.

-Is your name truly Luna of Nightenghale?

-Yes your Majesty...

-How did you find us?

-Xenya told me to find Yazralon for answers your people could give. I had this pulling sensation telling me to come this way and not follow the path, your Majesty...

-Xenya... Then it must be true. Rise, Luna, do not kneel before me... And who might your companion be?

-His name is --

-I am Gwaine of Claribel, first son of the King of Claribel.

-Gwaine of Claribel. How dare you set foot here!

-Son of a traitor! Take him away!

-Wait, no! Please do not hurt him! I only made it here alive because he saved me from his men and accompanied me all the way, without him, I would never be here before you!

-Is that so? Do you even begin to comprehend what his Father's actions were?!

-I am aware, your Majesty, however his Father's actions should not be relayed onto him, he is somewhat innocent...

She looked me in the eye and sighed deeply before speaking once more. She was unsure. But her fiery gaze was not changed:

-Very well, Gwaine may stay too however, a close eye will be kept over him. If he attempts to leave without consent or tries to hurt you, I will not hesitate to execute him.