Chapter 8: Finding Power

We walked out seeing the moonlight greeting us and setting a cold breeze on our skins. The gatekeepers noticed us and made their way back into their posts. Jania had returned from duties, and the Queen had waited for us. I told them that I saw what was coming, but before I could say any more, the Queen silenced me and said we would discuss further matters inside the castle. Although I was in a hurry to tell her everything about the dangers to come, she told me to remain calm. As soon as we entered the castle and sat ourselves down, I spoke:

-I saw war, one where both women and men fought. It was chaotic, I recognised the banners from Claribel but not the opponent. The King was nowhere to be found, he wasn't even in his battle tent.

-The opponent would be the people of Ragdos. They are the ones who declared war upon us. We were going to prepare quietly, not alert the citizens just yet, but unfortunately, a little accident happened along the way...

Gwaine then stared at me, although I knew fine well that I was the little accident he spoke of.

-The Kingdom of Claribel and Ragdos, fighting each other. An interesting combination. However, war should never be taken lightly. I thank you both for this information. Is there anything else, that is of great matter?

-Yes, a voice said I needed to fulfil a prophecy, I believe I know what it is but I don't know how to do it. It said I needed to find power or gain it?

-I see, it must be about your powers as an Angelic Devil. Gwaine, you look puzzled? Perhaps you do not know what an Angelic Devil is, you will discover in time unless Luna wishes to tell you all. Nevertheless, Jania and the rest of my people will try to help you unleash your powers. Jania will teach you strength and patience, the townspeople will help you with acceptance, the nature surrounding you will teach you discretion whereas I, Azelia of Hearthluinn, will teach you knowledge, order and all about wars of the past and what should be remembered from them. Gwaine, you will also have to adapt to our people and grow stronger. But most of all, choose your friends and your foes, who you will protect, and who you will not.

-We thank you, your Majesty, truly.

           We all bowed then proceeded to eat a little as food had been brought in during our discussion. I didn't know how all this training would help me find my power, but it was a good starting point. Once we finished, we removed ourselves from the Queen's presence and headed to our chambers, Jania accompanied us. Once we arrived, she told us with a delighted face that the first day of training would start the day after a little bit after sunrise meaning I needed to wake early again. My days of sleeping in were over, the days of finding the power within had arrived. I prepared myself to sleep, nervous, thinking about the days to come, questions coming into my mind, wondering.

           Before I knew it, Jania knocked on my door, waking me up in an instant, ordering me to prepare myself. As soon as I was ready, she hurried me to eat then rushed me to the training grounds. To my surprise, Gwaine was already there. That surprise lasted until I had remembered he was a Prince and was used to early training. He was already in a duel while Jania was getting things for my training, or should I say a lesson. Jania started to shuffle through multiple swords, all magnificent and deadly. After multiple looks and refusals, she finally found one for my size. She drew it out, a smallish blade but reasonable in size for my figure. She walked over and handed me the deadly weapon, I tried to keep it up but the weight was heavy enough for it to drop. I had forgotten how heavy a sword was after all my years working as a maid, I had lost all strength enabling me to lift the sword. No matter how many times Jania told me to raise the blade, I tried desperately, struggling to keep it in the air but it dropped back down after some time again and again. After many tries, Jania realised that it was pointless to try and make me lift it any longer. Thus she took the sword away, put it back where she took it from and asked me to follow her. We went further into the training grounds, going further away from where Gwaine was. We went to the far back where the grounds were particular. The place was filled with obstacles, some needed more precision landing, some climbing and some needed speed.