Thirty One

Sam woke, blinking for a moment in confusion as she took in the darkened room bathed in the eerie gray light of dawn.

Her sleep fogged brain cleared and she became aware of the weight of Ryan's arm over her torso, hand splayed possessively across her bare abdomen. He was a welcome heat against her back as she lay curled against him, legs tangled together, his face buried in the curve of her neck, new beard growth tickling her sensitive skin.

She squinted at the bedside clock. The illuminated display showed four twenty six am, she needed to get up now to have a shot at getting to the office on time but it felt so good to be held by him she couldn't muster the will to leave just yet.

Careful not to wake him, she slowly wriggled until she faced him, taking the opportunity to study him. In sleep, his features looked peaceful, relaxed and even more handsome. She reached out to brush back a lock of hair from his forehead, fingers lingering to lightly trace over his temple, the fine web of lines around his mouth and down to a defined jawline, committing every curve and contour to memory.

Her body ached, a satisfied smile curving her lips at the delicious reminder of their love making the night before. They'd been a bit more adventurous than usual and she blushed as she remembered the way they'd gone at it in the elevator.

God, she hoped there were no surveillance cameras in there or whomever was responsible for watching the footage would get an eyeful. Plus, it was a good thing he lived all alone on this floor or they'd have gotten noise complaints.

And she had been loud. Even now, her throat felt slightly raw from all the screaming he'd wrung out of her.

It had been an incredible night, but for Sam, the best part had been the cuddling; spooning while talking about nothing in particular before finally falling into an exhausted sleep.

For a moment, Sam let her imagination go wild, picturing what it would feel like to fall asleep like that every night and wake up in his arms. Then cold logic returned and she sighed, letting her fingers drop from his face.

It was foolish craving more than what they had. For one thing, she wasn't even sure she was ready to commit to a real relationship.

And another, she wasn't sure she could leave herself vulnerable, and dating Ryan would leave her in that state; as long as they both worked for the same company, her job and reputation would be in a precarious position since they wouldn't exactly be able to publicly date.

She sighed again and tried to extricate herself from his embrace, the need to put some distance between them coming over her.

Ryan stirred, and merely tightened his hold as his fingers caressed her midriff, then drifted south, his cock, which had already been stiff, going rock hard against her hip in seconds.

"Morning, princess" he rumbled against her ear, causing her body to stir in awareness as he pressed a kiss on her shoulder, while his wandering hands slid between her thighs.

"Ryan…" she began, trying to wriggle away but her next words dissolved in a moan as his thumb found her clit.

"Mmm?" His voice held a teasing note as he propped himself up to watch the play of emotions on her face as he proceeded to render her incapable of thought.

"What is it, princess? Do you want more of this…?" He slid a finger into her wet heat and Sam felt her body tighten around him, gasping in pleasure that spiralled higher when his mouth closed over her nipple, his tongue teasing the sensitive nub.