(4) 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩

Nova awoke to her alarm blaring and she fought the urge to put it on snooze as she hid under the covers for a little while longer

Not so long later she ended up stumbling into the kitchen, still half asleep as she quickly made herself some toast with coffee, demolishing it as quick as it was made.

Once she was done she rushed down the hallway of her apartment to the bedroom, putting on her usual uniform and heading to the bathroom afterwards to wash her face and brush her teeth, the usual routine before work.

As she was about to walk out of the door, she caught her reflection in the mirror. She let her eyes linger under her right eye, seeing how the cut must of bled through the night and dried up.

Nova barely gave herself time to process what happened last night, in fact, in her mind she was already over it. She didn't tend to dwell, she'd just push things to the back of her mind and get on with her life.

She made sure to hurriedly cover her cuts and bruises with makeup, afterwards fishing out her phone from her pocket. She glanced at the lit screen, her eyes meeting the bold numbers 9:55AM, leaving her with only 5 minutes to get to Arkham.

✧˚ · .

        Nova ended up being a little late, so she already welcomed the scolding she had yet to come.

She strolled through the halls, hoping to god she wouldn't bump into Thomas, or anyone for that matter.

Nova thought she'd to be able to sneak in but that thought soon left her mind by the interruption of someone clearing their throat.

"Miss Harmon, you're late!" Jeremy, the head of Arkham scolded her.

"Sorry Sir, it won't happen again. I just got caught up with something—" She implied, referring to covering up the consequences of last night.

"Sure, just get here earlier next time, I can't take no more of that ginger freak and his constant nagging and questioning about you." Jeremy huffed tiredly.

"Jerome asked about me?" She asked, perking up at Jerome's name.

"Yeah, non stop. He's taken quite a liking to you and he's very eager to see you, i'd be careful with that one and oh— he's waiting for you in your office now."

"Thank you." She nodded. "I'll go to him immediately."

Nova walked into her office, spotting Jerome  almost instantly. He sat in her chair with his feet on her desk, looking as calm and collected as ever, despite the circumstances of him being locked up. Nova envied him that in a way, he had no care in the world.