34

﹂︎CHAPTER 24﹁︎

დ︎

I arrived home to my apartment, my hands covered in blood. I was soon processing what I did and I couldn't help but let a deep sigh slip past my lips as well as a single tear that followed it.

I did this. I killed my best friend. And all because she was going to do the right thing and turn me in. But then I thought about Jerome and how we would of been split up and I knew I couldn't of let that happen so it had to be done or at least that's what I told myself.

I cleaned the blood off my hands and rinsed my face with cold water. Still mentally convincing myself I did what I had to do and that was that. Though,
I have killed before this time was different. My father deserved to die after the abuse and assault, but did Harper?

A sudden ring pierced through the air, I looked down and watched as my phone rang on the counter. I debated if I should answer or not but then I seen who was ringing and almost picked up immediately.

I placed the phone next to my ear waiting for the voice to speak, knowing it was probably important as Jonathan never calls me. "It's Jerome, he's been kidnapped" Jonathan said on the other end of the line.

I soon hung up after Jonathan informed me what happened and the location of where Jerome was. Jonathan told me how him and Jervis had a plan and I knew I was going to have to put all my trust in them to get Jerome out.

We were currently walking down this death trap of a maze but we come to a halt as a blonde woman who looked to have worked here blocked our path with an annoyed expression.

I took a step forward but Jervis jerked his arm forward blocking my path. "Let me take care of this, my dear" He nodded, walking towards the lady.

One minute the woman had an annoyed expression and next her face turned completely blank as if she wasn't in control of her own mind. I then come to the conclusion that Jervis had hypnotised her.

She walked away in the opposite direction, her face now full with nothing but blankness as if she suddenly turned into a robot.

Jervis told us to wait a few minutes until we should round the corner and me and Jonathan obeyed standing back. My stomach sunk as I realised I have no idea where we are or why Jerome was taken and brought here of all places.

We finally went around the corner and I was shocked to see a man wearing an orange suit with black glasses, his ginger hair being the first thing I took a notice to.

To say I was shocked was a huge understatement, he looked exactly like Jerome if it wasn't him himself, but I had a feeling it wasn't so if it wasn't Jerome who the hell was it?

Scarecrow and Jervis blocked the entrance off, seemingly making sure the man with the orange suit didn't escape.

Jonathan and Jervis walked closer towards the frightened man and then I heard the unexpected. "Hello, brother" An oddly familiar voice called out.

Suddenly Jerome rounded the corner with a gun cocked in his right hand, aiming it towards the same man who seemed to be finding himself into a lot of trouble today.

But then I thought back to what Jerome said. "Hello, brother"

"Brother?" I asked unknowingly aloud.