(3) 𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙚

Jerome gawked at her, his eyes gleaming with amusement, not breaking eye contact once

Jerome gawked at her, his eyes gleaming with amusement, not breaking eye contact once. "Do ya pity me, though?" He pouted, leaning slightly over the table.

"Pity's too strong of a word, but I could say I almost understand your situation." Nova presumed.

"You do?" He questioned, tilting his head in excitement.

"Maybe." She admitted, starting to regret her words. She knew she said too much by now — but why did it feel so right, so good to let it out.

"How do you manage to intrigue me more and more each time?" Jerome mumbled, but loud enough for her to hear.

"It's all apart of my charm." She fake smiled, not looking up as she took more notes.

"Don't! . . change the subject." Jerome dragged out, clenching his jaw as he watched the girls every move.

"I didn't. You did." She clarified, feeling her heart beat in her ears as she silently prayed Jerome would just drop the subject already.

She mentally scolded herself for even trying to
sympathise with him as it's not just unprofessional but now she has Jerome asking all these questions like she's the patient.

"You should really tell me, doll-face. I don't like people who hold back." He smiled delightfully.

Nova tilted her head, her eyebrows knitting together and her forehead creasing slightly. Jerome ignored how — oh so! cute — she looked in that moment to him and went on.

"Oh, why won't you tell me..why oh- why oh- why!" Jerome sulked dramatically, his childlike antics taking over his previous anger. It was daunting how fast he could switch his emotions.

Nova sat there in shock, she wasn't afraid anymore, more so annoyed and Jerome was testing what little patience she had left.

"How do you understand it? How do you understand me?" Jerome teased, enjoying every moment of the roles reversing. "Are you just like me?" He grinned menacingly. "If i'm honest— I do see potential in you." Jerome carried on, unknown to him that the girl behind the desk was digging her nails so hard into her palm blood was gushing.

She finally looked up, locking eyes with Jerome. "Drop it Jerome." She hissed, venom lacing her not so innocent tongue as she slammed her hands on the desk brutally, the blood from her palms oozing rapidly, covering her notes.

"There she is! there's the potential" He hissed back, his eyes the size as saucepans as he jumped up swiftly.

"Mhm." He sighed. "I'm sure i'll figure it out sooner or later." Jerome smiled, watching as the crimson liquid covered her desk and hands.