25

﹂︎CHAPTER 25﹁︎

დ︎

I'm currently walking down an eerie warehouse with Dwight and Jerome's weird cult slowly trailing behind.

The only reason I'm here is because apparently Dwight is going to resurrect Jerome. And of course I sound batshit crazy believing that, but come on it's Gotham, almost anything is possible here.

We trailed further down the hall, until two guards come into view. They were sat on chairs playing cards. They looked up at us, dropping their cards with shocked expressions.

But one of the guards looked more shocked than the other. The one man suddenly stood up from his seat, raising his gun, shouting empty threats at us. "Stop or I will fire!" He shouted, looking to me then to Dwight. "I said stop or I will fire!" He repeated.

But yet again we ignored him and continued to walk in his direction. Then the guard did as we expected and shot one of the clowns, and that caused Dwight to burst out laughing. But that only made me give him an odd look.

"Call for back up" The guard on the left exclaimed to the guard on the right. But before he could process what was going on, the guard on the right had stabbed him in the chest.

The man fell down with a thud as the guy who stabbed him mocked him. "Call for backup?" He mimicked, as everyone laughed but me.

One of the men pressed the button, which caused the double doors to open. We made our way through and as we did there were many boxes scattered around the whole building. We suddenly come to a halt as we have arrived at our destination.

Dwight walked up to the body which was stored in a freezer box top, assuming it keeps the body from rotting.

"It's you" Dwight stated, which caused my eyes to follow what he was looking at with such fascination.

As I stepped around Dwight I already knew who's body was being stored in this freezer, considering I could see a bit of red hair sticking out which immediately caught my eye.

Plus, the whole point of this plan was to resurrect Jerome. So obviously it had to be him.

My thoughts were correct as I finally stood dead in my tracks, staring at Jerome's now ice-white colour skin.

"It's really you" Dwight whispered beside me, staring at Jerome with wide eyes.

"Even when death got him, he still had a smile on his on his face" I mumbled with a scoff.

A few hours later we arrived at our final destination, which was the power station. Dwight explaining that we have to thaw out Jerome's body before bringing him back.

I mean it would be dangerous if we didn't, because those pod's run at 237 degrees below zero. Our
next step now is to get his body to core temperature.

I watched as Dwight connected wires to Jerome's body as he hummed. "This isn't going to hurt him right?" I paused, "when he wakes up I mean" I questioned Dwight.

"Of course not" He informed me.

"If you're lying, i'll kill you" I glared.