𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 5: 𝐴𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒

Five POV:

I was sitting right next to her currently comatose body.

Yes, she was comatose.

Cha Cha stabbed her deep inside.

I could tell she was a fighter. She kept her eyes open more than anyone could.

I sighed heavily and rush my hand through my hair. The world is ending and she is injured, not a good combination. We had no time.

"Anything you need?" I heard Diego say from behind me. I shook my head as he came closer. "The world ends in a week and we can't stop this without her." I said and turned to my desk picking up my files.

But I couldn't focus.

I couldn't focus knowing that the only person who could help us was fighting death.

I threw the papers frustrated and gritted my teeth.

Wake up, Five.

"Don't fight it, you can't." Diego said and I turned to him confused." What do you mean?" I said irritated, furrowing my eyebrows. He just gave me a confusing sad smile." Nothing. Take care of her." He said leaving the room.

I shook my head and averted my gaze at her. Sitting next to her, I observed her features. Her consciousness was over 60, but she looked so young.

Young and Beautiful.

Klaus POV:

I was in the bathroom taking a bath. I could feel the soap and the water intoxicating my skin. I had Y/N's blood on my hands, and I could still feel a soft pressure on my arms.

I closed my eyes and let myself sink in the water.

Peace.

So overrated.

Suddenly, I found myself surrounded by the spirits I knew too well. My panic started rising, but then the scenery quickly changed, leaving me panting in fear. In front of me was a room.

Five's room.

I couldn't be here , I don't have teleportation powers. I widened my eyes at the view of Y/N standing right in front of me.

"How can you-"" She's not woken up, silly." She said with an ear-piercing laugh. I frowned in confusion. "You're not here?..." I asked  and she simply smiled to me." Only her consciousness is here. She is fighting death." She said smiling again.

I rushed my hand through my hair.

Five wouldn't take this.

Or would he?

The past two days, he has been nothing but helpful to Y/N. And he never was helpful to anyone.

How can this be so real?

I looked back at Y/N." She is coming back. Go to your brother. Stay with him." She said and I could hear Five yelling Grace's name.

"You have to die to live ,Klaus." Y/N said before disappearing.

I woke up from my trance and stumbled out of the bathtub. Quickly, I put my clothes on and rushed out of the bathroom, jumping into my skirt.

I reached Five's room quite quickly. Grace was already inside trying to do her best to fix the damage.

I couldn't hear, I couldn't see. I only saw Y/N's ghost wink at me and then disappear into thick air.

She breathed . As if she never had.

Five teleported out of the room right at the moment she opened her eyes.

I swear I saw a spark at his eyes before he left.

I swear I saw him fall.

Y/N POV:

I looked around me to be met by Mary's piercing gaze. She stood at the side of the bed, with Klaus by her side.

Five's not here.

I yanked off the thought as I tried to sit up carefully. Klaus helped me straighten my back and support it by the pillows behind me . I whispered a thank you at him and looked back at Mary.

This wasn't Mary.

This wasn't the Mary I knew.

Her eyes were empty, as if they only held the ghost of the person she used to be.

She used to run with guys at rooftops and smoke ciggarettes.

She used to smile until her eye sparked.

She used to dance with her fiancée, my brother.

The only thing I looked at was my long lost bestfriend.

" Do you feel alright, Y/N?" She asked and I nodded, scared to look at her more than I did now. She gave me an empty smile and left the room, walking out of the door.

It was worth a try.

"Mary?"

She turned to me with the same emotionless smile.

I swear for a second I saw a sign of recognition in her eyes.

"Y/N, her name is Grace ,she is our mother."