𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 16: 𝑇𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑟

Y/N POV:

Suddenly, yells and screams and gunshots were heard inside the whole mansion. I mentally cursed and went over to the closest window, looking down with a shaky breath.

I put my leg over the window frame and jumped down, my legs hitting the grass hard. I groaned as I muttered." God that hurt." I ran out of the mansion and over to the closest alleyway I could find.

I hit the wall and slided down, my body sinking in the ground. All those gunshots and the screams and the yells....

Memories of all the masacres I ever provoked flashed in front of my eyes.

I was a killer.

I knew what Robert was going to do, but I didn't stop him.

Idiot.

Now someone of the Umbrella Academy might be hurt. Now someone I care about might be hurt.

I punched the wall with my hand, blood coming out of my knuckles. I held my hand close to me, hiding it in the inner side of my dress.

Someone ran to my direction. I quickly stood up and teleported out of the alleyway, behind another brick wall. I peeked to see Five holding a card in his hand and looking around with a dark frown. His look reminded me of myself before every slaughter and I questioned.

Who was he mad at?

Suddenly someone clasped their hand in front of my mouth, presumably a man. I widened my eyes as a burning sensation rose up to my eyes.

His hand smelt funny.

I tried to let go off his grasp by kicking him , but my powers left me, as the smell made me suffocate. I felt my eyelids drop and I went limp, familiar darkness filling my vision.

Some moments later:

I opened my eyes to see a well lighten up office in front of me, high ceilings and artworks covering the black walls of the room.

I tried to move my hands, but they were tied up by a metal strap on the arms of the chair. I knew the medal. It prohibited someone from moving or teleporting away even if they had powers. They had used it on me a lot of times.

I scoffed and turned  my head around, trying to find any human presence in the room.

"You thought that Robert would trust you just like that, with your big-girl words and chit-chat?" The male voice rung to my ears as I groaned." Why don't we get to the point? What am I doing here?" I asked with a scoff.

The male came to my view. It was one of the oddest things I had ever seen in my whole life. Instead of a head was a gigantic fishbowl with a goldfish in it. the rest of the body was in well-tailored black suit, that made his appearance even more perculiar.

"Name?" I asked with a  dark frown. "Carmichael. You don't need to tell me yours, of course, you are famous in the Commission. The Killer, is that what they call you? The constant Number One at our charts, and followed by your dear Mr. Five. Impressive." I scoffed at his words and smirked.

"I know I am the best, but I don't care what The Commission thinks of me." I said, my eyes spitting fire.. I earned a laugh from him, as he laid back on the office, pointing his finger to me.

"You got some nerve over there." He said with a quiet chuckle. I rolled my eyes and he stopped laughing, turning abruptly to a screen behind him.

He turned it on and my eyes widened at the view. Five fighting with two men at the same alleyway I was earlier. I softly gasped, observing his every move.

He seemed to struggle, for the first time at his life. My hands gripped the wood of the chair, nails digging into it.

"Your boyfriend over there doesn't seem that fine, does he? Well, why don't we make a deal, darling?" I heard Carmichael say, but I was absorbed by the sight in front of me.

Someone stabbed him, making him fall to the ground, but he teleported away the moment he released himself from the man's grip, and the scenery changed.

The camera showed him reappearing again under the window I fell from. He sat on the grass and I saw him look at his wound.

But his gaze was averted to something on the ground. I squinted my eyes in order to see what it was. He picked up the object and started observing it, when it clearly came on view.

My necklace.

It must've fell when I jumped off the window. I saw him grip it tightly and putting it into his pocket, as he leaned on the wall behind him.

And then I read his lips, I read the words that would have the biggest impact on me instead of anything else in the world.

"I love you."

I felt a tear stroll down my cheek and I looked down at my hands, as Carmichael switched the screen off.

"Our assassins will be on his heels all the time, and even he doesn't have a lot of chances to stay alive if they hunt him like that. Also, you are one of the most wanted people by Commission's executers, you don't know what kind of damage you had provoked in the past. I want to propose a deal." He said, and still, I didn't dare to look up at him. Tears streamed down my cheeks, as he continued.

"You move on to the lasts step of the mission, then you come back to us, and you will be 'forgiven'. You will be able to start over again. But if you discard my offer, you and your little boyfriend will never be able to live normally, with killers on your heels."

I listened to his word carefully, and I couldn't help but feel more tears stroll down my cheeks.

"I'll do it." I said as I saw Carmichael nod with the corner of my eye. I shook my head as the medal straps were unbuckled , and I could finally stand up with a sigh.

"You're leaving now, you go back to the Umbrella Academy and terminate Mr. Five. Is that clear enough?" He stressed the last words and I nodded with a dark frown on my face.

"Yes sir."