𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 14: 𝐺𝑒𝑚

Y/N POV:

I stepped into the open door of the newly made Umbrella Academy. Nonetheless, it reminded me of the good old Academy, that I spent my last 8 days before the Apocalypse in.

I sighed as I blended into the crowd, giving my coat to the guy at the door. A lot of people looked at me strangely, mostly because of my young age and my rather flamboyant dress, but I simply made my way to the sampagne bar, taking a glass when no one looked.

I drank some of it, as my heart pounded frantically in my chest. I was in the same house with Five.

My target.

I cleared my mind off the words that would describe what he also was other that a target I had to take down.

Some time passed with me standing in a dark corner, as I decided to walk around the house  a bit. I left my empty glass on a table next to me.

I left out a trembling breath. I loved them all so much and now... now showing up here would turn up to be destructive for the mission if I did a wrong move.

I walked up the stairs, in the first floor where no one was. I stood in front of a wall full of paintings, some of them catching my gaze involuntarily.

"Y/N?"

I turned to face Klaus. A smile formed in my lips as I ran up to him and hugged him, tackling us both to the ground. I heard him chuckle softly in my ear as his grip around me tightened as much as he could. Happy tears left my eyes as I left myself relax into the hug of my dear friend.

"Y/N oh god... it's you... It's really you!" Klaus exclaimed as he took a look at me. I laughed softly through my tears, as I also saw his eyes well up. I petted his long hair softly as he burried his face in the crook of my neck.

"I missed you Klaus..." I whispered through the tears as he shook his head and faced me again. "No no no no, you have no idea how I missed you..." He said, as we both stood up, letting go off each other.

"Klaus who are you- oh god-" I turned to see Diego stand dumbfounded behind me. I smiled at him as I walked over and gave him a hug that he immediately returned.

"You're back, kid." He whispered as his voice cracked a bit. I looked at him and smiled crookedly rubbing his arm.

"I'll always be back." I said and chuckled softly.

"I guess you are looking for Five?" He asked with a smirk . I nodded sadly.

Even in the sound of his name I felt the heartache grow bigger.

He nodded at me and signaled to follow him. Klaus came with us, walking next to me." Five, after we lost you, he... he never had any contact with anyone on the outside. Only at missions. Then he would go back to his room with not even a word and lock himself there..." He explained as he went through hallways.

My heart hurt listening to what he went through.

I nooded as we stopped in front of a door and Diego put his hand on my shoulder. "There he is, kid." He said as him and Klaus left.

I sighed, wrapping my hand around the doorknob and opening the door.

Five.

Oh god, Five.

I almost felt my knees sink to the floor, before regaining my balance.

There he was. In front of me. His hair messy, his button ups open at his neck, his green eyes glowing wide as he stared at me.

How was I so foolish to believe that I could kill him without it destroying me?

How was I so foolish to believe that I could be the same after going back to my solitude?

I was a fool. Such a fool.

I looked at him as he got up from his bed and stood right across me.

"Is this really you?" Five whispered as he took a step closer. I felt tears flooding out of my eyes, as I tried to hold back some of them.

"I'm right here , Five." I whispered with a  cracked voice, as he came closer. I felt his hand rest on my cheek, as his eyes darted all around my face.

I gazed deep into his green eyes, before his lips crashed into mine, him taking full control of me. His hands held me tighter than I had ever been held, as wrapped my hands around his neck, clinging into him for dear life.

My back hit the wall, as he deepened the kiss, his hand still on my cheek. We broke for air at the same time, and I had the chance to look into his green eyes again. His thumb stroked my cheek, as our foreheads rested against each others'.

"I love you. I love you,  I love you, Y/N. I didn't have the chance to say it , I didn't, but I'll say it now. I love you, I need you, I n-need you Y/N." He said breathlessly as I smiled, shushing him with my finger on his lips.

"I love you too, Five" I said, and I almost could hear the skip of the beat from his heart. He chuckled softly, as he wrapped his arms around me, my head resting on his chest.

It felt so safe and so... purely beautiful to be in his arms. I had missed this, all this time, I had missed his sarcasm, his scent, his soft skin against mine.

I had missed not being alone...again...

We both backed away a bit, as I petted the ends of his hair in the back of his neck. " I thought you would never  come back..." He said, his voice raspy from the crying, and his thumb wiped off my tears.

"I'll always be back, Five..."

He smiled a bit and his hands grazed my back, when I froze.

He can't see. I can't let him see.

I took his hands in mine hurriedly, a frown appearing in his eyes but quickly leaving as I rubbed his hands with mine.

"I have... a lot of things to say... can we.. talk?" I said as I avoided to look directly at his eyes.

"Yes, of course, come here." He said as we went over to the window, hands entwined.

I can't let him see.

I can't let him see what they've done to me.