Heartbroken Over a Secret Relationship

The night sky was present yet unseen, clouded with whisps that are clouds in the day that barely had stars shining through. A few hours after the afternoon rain, the air had a taste of weight and silence. It was a time of seemingly bad news but Leon begged that it would not be the case. His eyes followed the hands of his watch, constantly moving and going against even the wishes of Earth's saints, for it ticked away. He always valued time, it was something you cannot earn back. No matter how hard and no matter how much you pay. His sight on the clock had dulled out all his other senses. His mind was unsure where he was yet his heart knew he was waiting. For something? Someone? What in particular was he waiting for? Was his heart playing tricks on him again? Was his heart playing voodoo on his body? It seemed to always be like that if he did not have his other mask up.

Time passed and his mind was near to having victory over his heart

Time passed and his mind was near to having victory over his heart. But the bright lights halted the battle. It was not from the heavens, nor had it been angels. But that familiar car had its own taste of heaven and angel in it for him. His hands finally broke free from their numb cold and felt the flowers he was holding. It was daffodils he had, her favorite. Her, that was who he was waiting for. Thank goodness his heart had a hold on his mind or they might have not met once again.

"Aerum," that was her name. The way his heart seems to not have any control anymore as her name slips past his lips. An aftertaste of cinnamon and chocolate, their holiday traditions, at least for the past three years of friendship and a year and half of something more. She had stepped out of her car and there was a smile playing on her lips, but not the same as he remembers. Her shoes clicked as she walked towards him and it was louder than his heart. "Leon," her voice was as soft as before when she whispered to him when he called. But it did not have the same texture, there was something nostalgic in her tone. As if something passed. 

The boy could not resist and pulled her into his arms, sliding comfortably in all familiar spots. The same kisses to her forehead. The same puzzle pieces yet it seemed to not be. Her hands too tight on his shirt, as if desperately trying to fit. They stayed silent for a while and he had not heard nor felt it at first until he felt his shirt dampen. Why didn't he notice? Where her face had met a place her head always found solace in a night's sleep, she was not holding tears. "Darling, why are you crying?" Although deep, it wasn't a depth drop to the ocean. It always was a fall that just protected her from the shallow because he loves her. Now, it has to be he had loved her. Because that is what today is for isn't it? Today though, his voice not only encouraged her to fall, but it was as if he was also falling. Vulnerable and too real at this moment. The girl was silent for answers yet her tears still trailed down to the boy's shirt. He held her hands with his and kneel down to see her face more that refused to meet his eyes. "Darling, tell me what's wrong."