[Kingdom: Legendary War] To Be The Heirs of Their Thrones

"Who is the king? Imprint those flavors on your palate."

The gates painted in the color of divine intervention had made way for their entrance. Gliding its blades in the space between ground and air, to smoothly, with no resistance, allow the last group of competitors to enter. Against other teams, their stature may have not been the menu piece. But why complain when their aura shifted the kingdom nonetheless?

It took Stray Kids a few steps before coming closer to the camera's focus

It took Stray Kids a few steps before coming closer to the camera's focus. And despite their appearance, their charms of silliness and endearing made an appearance. Hands mimicking the claws of their wolf, with smiles delightfully painted on their faces. But even at the endearing display, the other five groups knew better. Their outfits were already screaming a daunting stake to the crown, and it was only a matter of minutes before they were to know what these boys had up their sleeves. The camera's attention shifted once again, making way for the entrance of senior and host Changmin, and at this juncture the boys had taken their seats.

The boy whose face was painted with words, and black lines configuring blood had stood up beside Seungmin. His black clothes perfectly shine against his members' white outfits and gold finishes in the set. And before the camera could span to him and allow viewers to watch every detail in Leon's moves, he exchanged glances with Q. With words shaped into the air, unheard to any but understood by two. Both saying the same thing, we're gonna crush you.

Each group had been announced, each showing their charms off in a few seconds. And as themselves, they knew how whipped they were for their maknae. So instead of doing things out of the ordinary, they allowed their actions to point to the young boy, whose flower pose had been perfect, and screaming victory. At least for them, and it was hard to argue against Stray Kids. So might as well not to do so.

Leon was leaning against the railing, waiting for the events to transpire, as his mind wandered to the after possibilities of right now. On how they could be complete on stage soon enough. His eyes had counted 7 of his boys in the line of sight, looking over painted scars and covered bruises. His hands wanted to ease each one, and find comfort in the pain they hid for success, but couldn't. And noticing the tension in the older boy's mind, Seungmin seamlessly slipped his hand to the older boy's. Not doing much after that but just stay there, and allow the warmth between them to consume and remind Leon of home. And it was more than enough.

Most days, he wouldn't be this restless. But their journey in the Kingdom was unlike any other, because now they did not only have authenticity to prove. They also had to maintain the excellence viewers had seen within their performances. No longer were they underdogs, the crown was in their favor and it was a more challenging feat. The challenge to stay in the clouds of the kingdom, rather than climb the gates towards it. But this level was not unwelcomed, because Leon knew it was where they deserved to be after the hellevator ride of the years. "Are you okay, hyung?" The freckled boy's eyes had traced over his movements, so unlike him that made the Australian worry.