overcast is one of his greatest acts of generosity

On the stage, he was magnificent. The harsh lines of light cushioned by his skin, the honey tone almost reflecting it to those he performed for. Skin outlining muscle, a Greek God almost walking among them. And his eyes, no pattern to set him apart but the perfect outlines to his soul.

It was not often that they could stare at him from a distance. Most times, he was beside them, sharing the same fate. And they could call that theirs too. How their hands touched in tired breaths, but smiles saying much more than they can over the microphone. Hands steady to take on missteps and exhausted overworked bodies. Together, the stage was not as heavy as a burden. Sometimes when the adrenaline was low, seeing your boyfriends next to you is enough.

But the moments where they had space from him, see him take on the lens of a thousand people with grace and eloquence was also magnificent. He carried melodies beyond his voice, taking on the minimal movement and hand raises. Steps slow and quick did not drag him but followed his presence.

They understood how many fell in love with him in this angle. The eight boys tangled their heartstrings in intimacy, hence the deep entanglement of infinity in their bond. But in a perspective where they were now, at a great space from the idol, it was so easy to be entranced by him. He smiled at them as if they were worth the double look. When the song came from his lips, it was as if they were only being serenaded, nevermind the crowd beside him.

A physical platform made it easy for anyone to envision him. The face behind the voice, the movement behind the rhythm choices. But somehow, in his years of practice and production, he could communicate the same thing in audio files. Somehow he could paint emotions like an artist with a canvas, but instead of a white one, it would be drawn in the air. Unlike clouds, it would be eternal, a snippet in the wind that would beg for one to play it on the music platform available on the devices.

He told that that he'd release a personal project soon. And as their boyfriend was an all-rounder behind the scenes, they didn't know what to expect. The white chalk from his hands the other week could've promised them a dance or a film scene. Hands constantly on the keyboard could've been a published piece of poetry. Ink stains on his clothes told them of an art to manifest before their eyes.

Stray Kids didn't expect him to release an EP. One that featured artists he'd admired. But most importantly, told of truths he never said upfront. Yet now, he decided to state it with no warning. And they could care less about the reaction of the world. Because like many unsuspecting fans, they went to 3Racha's studio and played the music on the best speakers they had.

All beat their hearts at the same time. Hands wrung against their shirts at rises and topics they never expected. Fingers pressed the paused button when they had to stop and replay a lyric or his voice that went directions he never sang in front of them. And when they all finished it twice, they spoke about it, not afraid to gush about him while film was rolling.

But before they began, the staff had called Leon to the screening room and hear their reactions live. The one posted on their channel would be shortened, parts that exposed their relationship too much cut, and many other things on protocol. Yet, they wanted the songwriter and producer to hear their reactions. Because even if they weren't close with him or the other boys, it was easy to see how much they loved each other when they worked. Sometimes the best moments they witnessed were in the absence of a hug. It was in the constant look-over when someone did their scene. Or the clapping once someone finished their recording.

In the simple acts, even the blind can hear the soulmate bond in them. And so to them, it was important for the world to see at least an edited version of what people who loved him can say about the album. Because they might not know the context of each song, but they knew him.