Chapter 8

Continuation of Flashback(4 years ago):

Ahmed's POV:

Sh*t! If my dad finds out I got in a fight he'll-- oh sh*t! I can't deal- 

I looked up and saw the most beautiful pair of eyes stare back. If only time could stop and I could stay in this moment forever. 

Sairah's face was drenched in panic and guilt. Her lip trembled as her leg bobbed up and down. 

Mr. Arbendale only let in Nathan and his imbeciles in right now. Marco, Yusuf, Nina, Amina, Sairah and I were still waiting for him.

A part of me just wished I could sit next to Sairah and let her know everything will be okay. It's all my fault anyways. I'm an impulsive a**. Now, because of me, my friends and Sairah could face the consequences. But what should I have done? Let that a**hole talk about Sairah like that. When he even mentioned her name something inside of me snapped and I couldn't tolerate seeing him. If Sairah hadn't stopped me in time I could've- I could've...

"Mr. Badri, Mr. Reynolds, and Mr. Shaikh," the secretary with weird shaped glasses spoke. "Mr. Arberdale is expecting you now" She said curtly.

I gulped. "Listen guys-"

"Hey, we're with you always" Marco put his hand on my shoulder giving me a small smile.

"Yea and if we had a chance to do sh*t like that again, I'd gladly pound that b*tch and his friends" Yusuf grinned reassuringly.

I laughed shaking my head. "You guys are crazy, but I owe you" I gave them a bro hug before reaching Arberdale's door.

"We're just trying to keep up with you" Marco joked.

"And hey that a** had it coming. Sairah is like a sister to me so I'm happy she has people who will defend her." Yusuf gave me a caring gaze. It was true; Yusuf was Sairah's cousin and he was very protective of her. 

I gave him a grateful nod. Just then Aberdale's door opened. 

"Yea well screw you too Arberdale!" Nathan grunted. He and John stopped as soon as they saw us.

"Well I hope you have fun in there! He's already pissed." Nathan smirked as he leaned against the wall.

"To be honest I don't care even if I get expelled. Just punching you was rewarding enough." I said cockily.

"That works for me. But just think it through," Nathan leaned in near my ear. "Who's gonna help Sairah when all of you are gone?" He let out a dry chuckle and turned to walk away when I grabbed his bicep. 

I leaned over to his ear menacingly, "Sairah's a strong woman, she can handle an a**hole like you all on her own." I cocked my head towards Marco and Yusuf, "we only joined in for the fun not because she needed us." With that, I let go of his bicep getting a rise out of his infuriated state. "And besides, you of all people should know that since she kneed you in the balls," I laughed at the memory. Nathan scowled then turned away with John.

"Nice one man!" Marco held out his hand for a high five as we took a seat in Arberdale's room.

"I hope you boys do now I called you for punishment not amusement!" Arberdale was an old fashioned man and was known for his strictness. "Do you mind telling me what happened and why you decided to resort to violence?" He spoke condescendingly.

"Well the problem- Mr. Arberdale, is that this school breeds racist, sexist people." I said rising out of my seat. Yusuf tugged on my shirt gave me a "calm down" look. I reformed my posture and sat back down still visibly angered.