Chapter 1

A/N: I know music is looked down upon for many muslims but I just wanted to set the theme. SO please enjoy and vote this up please!!

Sairah's POV:

"Can you believe it?" Nina asks. "My baby is all grown up and is getting married!" She squeals extremely loud.

"Well she and her hubby or future hubby-- in a matter of minutes, have had this coming since the moment they met," Amina says while fixing my makeup.

I smile wide, "well thank you for believing in me and him." I hold both of their hands and they give me a warm smile. 

Amina and Nina have been my friends since grade school. So of course you already know they were at the top of my invite list. They were the first ones I called after the "proposal". I suddenly feel a hint of sadness. Too bad some of my friends and family couldn't have come.

"Hey you know how much they wanted to be here right?" Nina says in a comforting tone as if she read my mind. Why am I surprised? She has always been able to read my mind.

I glance at the clock and feel myself growing hot. 

Maybe it's wedding jitters? 

Maybe this is a sign I shouldn't be getting married? 

Maybe I'll just go back home and get into my fuzzy PJs and finish rewatching 'One Tree Hill'. 

Isn't it completely amazing how Nathan and Haley got married in high school and had the strongest rela- 

"Sairah your makeup is finished m'lady" Amina interrupts my rather absurd thoughts.

"You know I still can't believe that you're getting married. It only feels like yesterday when we were seniors and Mr. Husband came to your rescue" Nina says smirking at the last part. She knew and I knew that I was not one of those girls. You know the ones who enjoy playing the damsel in distress. 

I give her a 'do ya really wanna go there look' and she raises her hands in surrender. "Alright alright sorry, I forgot you're not like other girls. You're a hijabi not in distress." She lets out a high pitched laugh.

I roll my eyes playfully hitting her with my elbow since I didn't want to smear my henna. Us Pakistani girls REALLY feel for our henna. "That's right I was never in distress". I conclude attempting to cross my arms over my chest.

"But that didn't seem to stop you from waltzing into trouble," Amina says quietly while stifling a laugh.

"Uh excuse you what do you mean? Do you not remember the day Ahmed and I first met. I WAS ATTACKED!" I scream out of frustration and amusement. Our argument about this particular topic has gone on for years. LITERALLY.

"Ok then walk us down memory lane again," Nina says resting her back on the door to my room.

"Ok if you insist-"

"Uh we definitely are inisisting." Amina cuts in while twirling her now long black hair with her index finger.

"Okay" I say nodding slowly. "If you let me talk without any interruption then I just might", I say flashing a sarcastic smile to both of them.

"It all started senior year..."

FLASHBACK 4 YEARS AGO:

Sairah's POV:

"Ugh what the actual fu-" Nina began to yell, but what was cut off.

"Hey! NO PROFANITY IN MY FLIPPIN CAR!" I screamed. I immediately began to laugh. Nina was one of my best friends over the past 10 years. Let's just say we ARE thick and thin HAHA. Nice joke, I thought to myself. I was 18 and had a slim figure. My height was 5'7''. I had amber eyes and long walnut colored hair which was annoyingly straight-- courtesy of my parent's genes. I had cream colored skin but in my opinion my hair is what made me stand out. It made my decision to wear the hijab all the more inspirational. Meanwhile, Nina was curvy and was a bit shorter than me. She was Moroccan through her mother and French through her dad. She had green eyes with long brown hair and copper highlights she had done on her birthday, though they now were fading away. Her tan skin always made her glow.

"Ok ok I'm sorry beyatch" Nina held her hands in defense. "Dang I knew you never swore but that was the first time I've heard you yell like that" she remarked.

I shook my head while smiling, "you know me being halal..."

"ALWAYS!" Nina cut me off laughing.

Nina was an atheist but knew me down to my core. She understood the importance I had for my religion as well. Nina also had a habit of swearing-- profusely and I mean PROFUSELY.

Today was the first day of school and it was our year to make our final marks as seniors. But, as always the traffic and Kendale High was horrific. Hence Nina's outburst.

It took us about 20 minutes just to find a parking space.

"Never let me wait for you while your hair is drying EVER AGAIN!" Nina said exasperated. Once again like times before we were late because my hair wasn't drying. But, I mean can you blame me? Who the heck puts their wet hair in a hijab. It's disgusting!

"Ok but you already know wet hair under a hijab grosses me out." I replied defensively. I pushed open the door handle to the main building reserved for senior lockers.

"Hey look it's Amina" Nina poked me. I looked over and saw Amina my other best friend waving at me. Amina wasn't too religious but we still were very tight. We met at some random aunty's house when we were 12. We were up to no good then. I guess some things never change. Amina had jet black hair with dark brown eyes and sand colored skin. She recently cut her hair up to her shoulders. She looked adorable.

"AMINA!" I leaped into her arms and gave her a bear hug. Nina joined in the hug and we began to talk about how excited we were for senior year.

I found the locker I was sharing with Nina and put in the combo. 16-4-20. The lock popped open. Amina's locker was next to ours and she was sharing her locker with Renee. Renee was a tall, athletic and lean girl. She was also outstanding at tennis. She had blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She had a few freckles on her cheeks and beauty mark on her upper lip. She could be a model.

Actually clarification ALL of my friends could be models. We met Renee in freshman year and she was new to our school. Obviously, we took the duty to show her around and maybe,- just maybe--changed her from a shy girl to the obnoxious brat she is today. We've all been inseparable since.

"Ah, Renee and I need to decorate our locker so it can look as cute as Nina's and yours" Amina said with a little frown.

"Hey speak of the devil," Nina joked. Right then Renee came. We all talked about our summers and our classes. Sadly we didn't have too many together as we had hoped.

As we were walking to go to the bathroom... yes ALL of us. It's what girls do, okay. A guy pulled my pin off of my hijab. It happened so quick and I almost didn't notice until I felt my hijab unravel a little. I was appalled. No one has ever done that before. I never felt more vulnerable. I held my hands around my now loose hijab.

I spun on my heel and faced the ignorant... male who chose to be immature. And out of a reflex I may have slapped him. Not on his face obviously but on his bicep. And I hit him HARD.

"You're gonna regret that!" He seethed.

I gulped... well maybe I shouldn't rely on reflexes after all.

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. What do you think will happen to Sairah? Also what do u think of the flashbacks?