Chapter 6

A/N: Guy in pic above is what John looks like.

Continuation of Flashback(4 years ago):

Nathan's POV:

"Yo dude what's up!"John greeted me in a bro hug. 

"Oh you know me, new girl new week" I shrugged. 

"You're sick man" John rolled his eyes. He noticed my gaze was on a particular girl. "Since when did you become infatuated with girls?"

"I don't fall for girls a**hat. They fall for me." I smirked.

"Then what's up with you gawking at Ms. Feisty?"

"Nothing man." I tried to play it off. But he was right. For some reason I couldn't get my mind off of her. I noticed John was shifting his gaze between Sairah and me. 

"Well tell that to your lovestruck puppy eyes" John shook his head laughing. John's been my friend since middle school when we both got in detention for sneaking in the girls locker room.

"Alright you want me to prove she means nothing to me." I suggested. John looked hesitant then nodded. "I bet I can make her fall for me and then I'll dump her... just like that."

"No way Nathan. Nuh-uh that's too easy for me. I won't let my friend lose money so easily even if it benefits me." I gave him a confused glare. He elaborated, "Well she and her friends hate us after the stunt we tried to pull. If they catch us lingering by Sairah it's gonna be on sight."

"Do you really have no faith in my game?"

"Whatever man I warned you," John replied while scratching his head. "You know what let's bet on your dad's car since you're so confident."

I gulped. Sh*t if I lose- which I won't-- I'll be killed by my dad. But I know I'll win so screw it. "Deal but what about me? You know if I win."

"That's easy. You get the joy of breaking her heart" John patted me on the chest and mouthed 'good luck'.

He had a valid point but then why did I feel scared to win?

I snuck another glance at her as she laughed with her friends. I looked behind her and sure enough Ahmed and his buddies were near them too. Damn why are they always- like--guarding her.

***********************************************************************************************

Ahmed's POV:

"Hey hot stuff," I leaned above Sairah locking eye contact with her through her locker mirror.

"Ok first of all have you never heard of personal space," She ushered with her hands for me to move back, so I did. "Second of all, keep your weird pet names to yourself. It makes me uncomfortable." She scrunched her adorable nose in disgust.

"Who told you I was talking about you?" I pointed to myself in her locker mirror, "I can look hot too you know"I gave her my signature smirk. "And besides to you I say "As-salaamo-alykum". She just rolled her eyes then slammed her locker shut giving me an annoyed look.

"Walaikum- as-salaam" She said quietly.

"Hey I needed my textbook!"Nina said pushing past us both to reopen the locker.

"So what did we do to earn your presence... again?" Sairah said sarcastically with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Well your existence is enough of a reason for me to visit you" I smiled goofily with my face resting in my palms.